Prices on board

relate2

Congratulations on your cruise! You will have the best time! I only started reading this post today and I am so happy that you now have a cruise. It sounds like you deserve it!

When you come back from your cruise and if you decide you want to save for another cruise, The Sunday Telegraph and The Sun Herald in the travel section, always seem to have special deals. Lately I always see a big P&O add and they have up to 50% off. It is quite a bargain so long as you can find a friend or more to travel with. And don't mind booking it as it gets closer.

Have a wonderful cruise! :) I look forward to reading your review when you return.:D :)

Thanks strawberrypatch81, You age so right, cruising if you have a friend is I feel the cheapest way to holiday. $100 per day for room, board and changing scenery every day is a bargain. :)

That is a bargain! What islands are you going to and how many nights? Is it on pacific Sun?

strawberrypatch81, My cruise goes to Noumea, Ouvea, Mystery Island, and Isle of Pines. 10 days/9 nights on the Pacific Sun 11/8/07

The person I booked my cruise through quoted me $995 if I could find someone to share my cabin with. Unfortunately being a carer you get pretty much isolated and I could not find someone to go with me on short notice.

I had to pay $1,830 for my cruise but as I said at least it was cheaper than the $2,700 quoted to me by the bait and switch agent.

So getting back to my previous response $100 per day for room/board and entertainment is a bargain. Of course you can then spend as much as you like for the extras like drinks, bingo, tours etc.

Thanks DucknChook, yes it does feel good with the sailing date being so close.

On the other hand though, delayed gratification can give you some good daydreams of anticipation to get you through the hard times. :)

Sorry I'm not into delayed gratification. " I want it and I want it NOW" LOL

I can't understand people that like really painful massages.

They say "Yes it hurts but it feels so good later". NNNOOOO!!!!

I want to feel good NOW. haha. I love soft AAGGGHHH type massages.

I could go one now actually.

Damn I'll have to delay my gratification for another day.

hey relate2 I agree with alternateamber (meg) Kwells are great (I used them on my last cruise) and much cheaper than a visit to the ships doc. I took one every night before bed and was fine. Hubby didn't and spent a whole day greener than the buffet salad!

I hope that you have a wonderful trip and savour every relaxing moment.

bon voyage!

Carlz

Sorry I'm not into delayed gratification. " I want it and I want it NOW" LOL

Thanks for my laugh of the day sayaguru.

Although you do only have 1 month 28 days 27 hours 55 minutes 25sec....no sorry 24 sec....no sorry 23 sec...no sorry 22 sec to go.:D:D:D:D

Hi Carlz hope I spelt that right Are they actually called kwells or another name? Thanks in advance for answer CHEERS

yes KWELLS they are available at most chemists no script required,

just remember they are most effective as a preventative measure- ie do not wait till you are sick to take one. As previously mentioned I took one every night and gave the kiddies a half (I think from memory- dosage amounts on pack). I did it at night as it made the kids a bit sleepy. The hubby decided he didn't need them half way through the cruise and so my son (then 7) who wants to be just like daddy didn't take his either. One morning we woke up to choppy seas and my son didn't quite make it to the breakfast buffet before barfing:eek: Took him back to the cabin gave him a kwells and he fell asleep for two hours....after lunch he was back in his favourite place- the waterslide (Pacific Sun). Hubby meanwhile missed out on the best night- that last dinner where all the waiters parade the bombe alaskas and everyone waves the napkins and has a good ol time;)

Many people here also recommend taking some phernergan along also. I think this would have cured hubby as the kwells were not strong enough to help him once seasickness had taken hold! They were obviously strong enough for the little one though....but I'm no doctor! :confused: Everyone reacts differently and some lucky people never get seasick ever!:p

here's hoping for smooth seas for us all:)

Carlz

ps- thanks you did spell it right!

Thanks for that Carlz. Did they make you sleepy at all? And the phernergan do they make you sleepy and are they best to take at night? Thanks again CHEERS

hi the kwells didn't make me sleepy...but they did have that effect on my kids and I've read on these boards some adults saying that they have made them feel sleepy or have a dry mouth.

I forgot to mention that it is important to take your first Kwells before you actually start your cruise. The packet instructions have all the details you need and consult your pharmacist about the phernergan as I have no experience with that drug. I assume it makes you sleepy as it is used as a calmative for children.

sorry- yes I took them (kwells) before bed because I heard that they make you tired. One tablet lasted 24hrs. I'm sure other people liked taking them at different times.

I personally wouldn't choose phernergan as a preventative so I don't know if it is suitable to take that nightly- speak to your pharmacist. I would use phernergan if I ended up being seasick.

hope this helps:o

Just to add my 2 cents worth...

We started taking Kwells the night before... for the first 2 days took 1 in the morning and one at night... It made me sleepy but not my 15year old daughter... I guess its just your body make up as to if it makes you tired or not...

Meg

Hi all

I think that as has been said, start taking them before the cruise and continue if you think you need them or not, whichever you decide to take.....far better to be safe than sorry!!! That's what I decided for our Easter Sunrise cruise, I was so scared of getting that awful sick feeling that I popped the first travacalm before leaving the hotel on the morning of the cruise!!

cheers and happy sailing to all of you!!!

Karen;)

Archived