Prices on board

relate2

kaseyoz, thanks for the heads up about school holidays, not having school aged kids for years I don't take much notice of school holidays. Yes I will definitely check out the larger chains.

Carlz thanks also for your help. I will look into other carers although I do not belong to any groups.

I hear what you are saying about traveling to islands without docks. Lorraine put me onto a cheap cruise which would have worked for me but unfortunately missed out on Mystery Island. Mystery Island to me is the epitome of lazing away on a deserted island snorkeling in the crystal blue waters. If I am going to go to all this trouble I want to make sure I get my dream.

Yes I noticed my post had dissappeared I dont think you are supposed to mention travel agents in the posts but at least you were able to make contact. I have found this agent very helpful and offered deals that were advertised nowhere else. Hope things work out for you.

Cheers Keith

LIZ..Naughty ?? why not we are risk takers us Aussies...crikey you pay $5 for a glass of plonk on the ships, 1 glass from your BYO cask would be 50 cents..the more you drink the more you save..that is my theory anyway.

If the cruise lines charged less we would buy more, savvy ?

Cheers.:cool: Les

kaseyoz, thanks for the heads up about school holidays, not having school aged kids for years I don't take much notice of school holidays. Yes I will definitely check out the larger chains.

Carlz thanks also for your help. I will look into other carers although I do not belong to any groups.

I hear what you are saying about traveling to islands without docks. Lorraine put me onto a cheap cruise which would have worked for me but unfortunately missed out on Mystery Island. Mystery Island to me is the epitome of lazing away on a deserted island snorkeling in the crystal blue waters. If I am going to go to all this trouble I want to make sure I get my dream.

Hi relate2, I don't want to burst your bubble regarding Mystery Island, as it is truly a gem. but, my husband and I cruised there 4 times before actually getting ashore.

because it is open to the sea, when the weather is rough, it makes it too dangerous for the tenders. and we just had to guess what it was like.

when we finally got there it was worth the wait....beautiful..

however there are other "gems" . . . Ouvea, Wala and Champagne Bay are the places I love to visit.

On my last cruise in June, we missed the Isle of Pines because of the swell .:(

hope you still find another cruise to suit you.

kind regards, Lorraine:) :)

Hi lizcruising2007 I love your countdown thingy!

Is that your happy-I-just-got-my-tickets-dance!!?

very cool

C.

It's my 'happy I'm booked on a cruise dance', my 'I need a holiday dance', my 'just one more drink and I (think) I will be dancing like this dance' all rolled into one lol :p

Hi Lorraine,

Thank you very much for your help with finding that cheap fare for me I really appreciate it, but October also was a bit too far away for me to wait as my stress levels are almost at breaking point and I need a break now.

Well some good news for everyone who has helped me especially you Keith. Ian Hunter saved me almost $1,000 on the price quoted by that other mob with the bait and switch. Luckily I have another carers payment before I sail on the 11th of next month so I should at least have a little spending money on the cruise.

It is amazing how the world looks so much brighter when you have a holiday to look forward to. :D

Now where is that countdown timer. :)

Well that didn't work....anyone kind enough to give me some pointers on how to get the countdown timer to work?

<p align='center'><br><embed src='http://files.myspace-toys.com/Files/Gens/countdown/countdown/cndplayer.swf?skinn=http://files.myspace-toys.com/Files/Gens/countdown/countdown/skin6.swf&bg_mc=0x003366&tcm=FFFFFF&tcu=00FF00&msg=Houston%20countdown%20has%20begun&tyear=2007&tmonth=8&tday=11&thours=17&tminutes=0&tseconds=0' wmode='transparent' quality='high' width='310' height='180' name='cndplayer'></embed><br><a href='http://www.poqbum.com/' target='_blank'><small>Create Your Own Countdown</small></a><br></p>

Gee

Second post removed and no mention of a travel agency. Must be the gestapo watching over.

That CC naughty corner is not a myth, it truly exists!

Beware!! Big Brother is watching LOL!........:cool: :eek: :cool: :eek:

Just a post to see if my countdown clock works, I couldn't get the fancy ones to work so I went with the Cruise Critic clock but had to change the name of the ship because they didn't show Pacific Sun......Yes, beautiful.

You know I can see how this can become addictive and make you feel as though your cruise has already started even though you haven't left yet. :D

Glad to see you have finally managed to get your well earned break relate2. What a great feeling it must be to be going so soon, and not have to sit and watch the coundown clocks for months on end tick by ever so slowly.

Thanks DucknChook, yes it does feel good with the sailing date being so close.

On the other hand though, delayed gratification can give you some good daydreams of anticipation to get you through the hard times. :)

relate2 - GREAT NEWS that you've got your cruise booked - and so soon!!!! How exciting!

I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time .... it is truly the most relaxing holiday I've ever been on - the days are as full or as relaxed as you want/need!

Enjoy it!!!:)

Thanks very much Linda for your enthusiastic reply, I am certainly going to enjoy it!!!! :)

Well money all paid today, just waiting on the tickets and then sit back, wait and watch the countdown clock. :D

Congratulations relate2, you will have ball!! what a great time to be going, getting away from this winter weather:p

Have a wonderful break! take a good book,find a deckchair, and enjoy being out in the middle of the ocean! nothing can beat it:D

Chez

xx

Thanks Chez,

Yes it will be good to get away from the cold of winter. One of the reasons I liked this cruise as well was the 4 days just sailing on the ocean, for me it just enhances the escapism of the holiday.

WOW. Great work relate2. Hope you have a great time. Make sure you have a drink for all of us and write a report when you get back so we know what you think of cruising.

I'll know tomorrow if I'm confirmed for October. Then I can change my out of date ticker. LOL

Thanks sayaguru,

I will certainly sip a toast to you all here at Cruise Critic whilst I am whiling away my days on board.

Good luck tomorrow with your confirmation on your cruise, I look forward to seeing your new date ticker. :)

Hi relate2...

Just finished reading this post and had to add my 2 cents worth... I just came off my 2nd cruise (well 1st one was 20 years ago) and my daughters first... Well came off a week ago now...

As a bit of back ground... I am a single mother and was on a VERY strict budget...

In regards to the pizza... they have free pizza from the pizza parlour out at lunch every day... a different one.... so I just went and had a peice at lunch rather than buying at another time...

I dont drink at all so that wasnt an issue.... cokes are $2 and I only shouted myself one 'proper' coffee... the other times I just made from the buffet...

Noumea can be expensive... my only tip here would be to only chane a small amount of money.... take a look around in the morning .... back to the boat for lunch (expensive to eat I thought) then if you saw something in the morning that you HAD to have.. change some more money in the afternoon and go back and buy... I only brought some postcards and a fridge magnet to remember it all buy... The reason for this is that you loose money exchanging to francs... and then loose again when you exchange back to aussie dollar...

I never got sick on my last cruise (as stated 20 years ago) but this time when we hit rough seas I felt very rough... Kwells at the chemist here is $5.95... On the boat $10.95.... I took 2 packs on the boat and had to buy another pack (there was 2 of us)... so I would buy 2 packs before you go... (remember if you feel sick and have to see the doc... thats $140 or so... I told my daughter if she felt sick she would just have to vomit until we got home as I couldnt afford the doc fee.... thankfully the kwells did us both)....

Hope this helps.... Have a great time.... My daughter dumped me on the first night and basically go off with me 9 days later (teenagers) but is was nice to just sit and contimplate my navel one minute... then chat and what not the next....

OOHH bingo.... I LOVE bingo and I am SURE it was really cheap 20 years ago but I found $10 a bit much.... so I just played the first day...then the last when the jackpot was over $6000..... (wouldnt have THAT been nice).... but plenty to do that doesnt cost... and just watching others I found very amusing....

Meg

Hi Meg,

Thank you very much for your input....you really understand the monetary restraints I am under.

The bingo, is it $10 per game, surely not, or is it $10 per session?

Free pizza sounds good, and I really do not see myself buying much in Noumea, maybe the same as you, some post cards and a fridge magnet to remember the trip.

Mmmm not seasick 20 years ago but sick this time, I had better take that as a warning and make sure I take something with me.

Teenagers yes they can be interesting creatures. :) mine are all grown up.

Meg you are a people watcher, something I enjoy doing also. It is amazing what you can notice if you just watch people, although I suppose it became a habit for me as I am an ex Police Sergeant. :)

Thanks again Meg and I am sure I will certainly have fun doing all of the things that do not cost anything.

Relate2, the bingo 'booklet' has 5 games in it so it's really only $2 per game but you have to buy the book for $10 and you have to use it for that day. If you buy 3 books I think it's cheaper $20 or thereabouts, but you can't use the books for another day. You have to use the tickets on the day you bought them. I think I remember that if you bought 3 books they were all joined together which means you can't tear them apart and share them with others. They had to stay attached. Cunning hey!!

Archived