12 year old allowed in the specialty restaurant? AOS??

Will I be able to enjoy the specialty restaurant on the Adventure of the Seas with my 12 year old daughter???? Possibly at the earliest time available???

I think they have to be 13 on that line. Check the Royal Caribbean website-I am sure the info is there.

The two fo you can enjoy Johnny Rockets together though!

Thanks for your reply.....I guess Im just wondering if anyone will know shes not 13 if I dont tell them?? This will only be my 2nd Royal Caribbean cruise so Im sortve a newbie...We've eaten at Johnny Rockets many many times so it wont be that big of a deal......Would love to have the opportunity to eat at the specialty restaurant with my daughter -- shes well behaved and Im sure no one would even know....

OK - while I'm the first one to complain about children in adult areas, I really think you will have no problem with your daughter at the early seating - she's not young enough (e.g., 7 or 8) for her age to be questioned and you will be using your seapass which does not show her age.

They "kindly request" that guests be 13 or older to eat in Chop's or Portofino's...but the reality is, I've seen a few kids MUCH younger than that in both places. I've never seen an age limit enforced in any way at either restaurant.

You won't have any problems at all. We ate at Chops with our 11 year old daughter and the subject of her age never came up. Be aware though that you will be charged the full amount for their dinner even if they don't eat one bite. You basically pay for the space not the dinner. My daughter had a plain plate of pasta for the $20 cover charge...but the meal for my husband and I was worth the $60 we paid total for our meal.

We plan to take everybody (12 of us) in Chops or Portofino on the Freedom. There will be two 12 year olds. We plan to take them in, and anyway, they look older. What are they going to do, question the age of two girls?

I think they have to be 13 on that line. Check the Royal Caribbean website-I am sure the info is there.

The two fo you can enjoy Johnny Rockets together though!

Yes, I can see how eating at JR's might be similiar to the dining experience of Portofino. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I don't think that JR is really what the OP had in mind.

Kids under 14 are allowed in the specialty restaurants before 7. Just off the Liberty and took my 9 year old to both. She loved then and the staff doted on her. . .

Ship's management are given quite a bit of leaway in setting the precise policy for the specialty restraunts as to age limits. Many ships do set a policy allowing children for the first hour or so, others do not 'publish' these guidelines but still follow them.

The folks at the restaraunt will not know your child's precise age nor will they be likely to "card" them :) .

Archived