Misc Questions!!

deenie

My aunt booked the Legend June 08' for my honeymoon. We want a balcony or a suite but she booked a OV with a guarantee. She said we could get upgraded closer to the cruise. Will they upgrade us to a balcony? Or should we pay the difference and go ahead and bump ourselves up to the balcony guarantee? Can we specify a room? If so, any suggestions?

We want this to be extra nice so really do not want to get stuck in a bad cabin.

Also, they want to know what dining time we would like? I know one is early and one is later but that's about it. Any suggestions here...on the pros and cons to both? We're cruise newbies!

You may be upgraded. You may even be upgraded to a balcony. The chances of being upgraded to a higher category is very very very very slim. If your heart is set on a balcony you should book a balcony or you will most likely be disappointed.

Congratulations on your pending nuptials. :)

She said we COULD get upgraded closer to the cruise.

The operative word id COULD, and pigs COULD fly, but that doesnt mean it will happen.

If this date is that important I would pay the difference and upgrade to the guarantee balcony. A guarantee is cheaper but you dont get to pick your cabin, the cruiseline will pick your cabin.

A lot of the prices are going up. You will have to pay the going rate if you upgrade to a balcony, not the rate at the time your aunt booked.

Thanks guys...I think I should make that change on my own then!

What about dinner times though?

The early dining times are usually 5:45 and 6:15 if there are two dining rooms. There are also late seatings around 8:00 (not sure of the exact times.) I always choose 6:15 because we are accustomed to eating early. If you expect to be onshore late in the day it might be better to choose later dining because it will allow you more time to get back onboard and get dressed for dinner.

We cruised on the Victory for our honeymoon 2 years ago and booked a balcony. For something this special you probably do not want to be left wondering - I would call and book the balcony and be willing to pay the difference. We had booked an OV for our cruise in Nov 2007 and 2 weeks after we booked called back and changed the booking to a balcony. As the deposit was already paid this change costs nothing more at this time - it will of course when we make our final payment.

You can specify a cabin, but it costs more to do so.

With a guarantee you could get upgraded, but going from one catagory to another (OV to Balcony) is not as common as just getting what is considered a better cabin within the same catagory.

Dining times are a special beast in themselves. Early dining means more time to do activities after dinner, but leaves little room on port days to get back to the ship and change. Later dinner lets you enjoy port a little longer, but the activities scheduled for late dinner people are durring the early dinner. More families with small children are at the early dinner.

But remember that its just a preference and Carnival may or may not give you what you ask for. If unhappy with the choice they made, you can always go to the dining room when you get on board the first day and try to get it changed.

It's possible you could get upgraded to a balcony, but not likely. If you have your heart set on a balcony, I'd pay for the upgrade.

Yes, you can specify a room, but then it's not a balc guarantee. With a guarantee in any category, you might end up with a room you might not be happy with.

I'd look at the deck plans and pick a room I'd be happy with. It's your honeymoon and your aunt already paid for most of it....so make sure it's special!!

I haven't been on Legend (yet!) so can't comment on the dining times. It depends on what time you like to eat, what time you plan on coming back to the ship on port days (time to clean up, etc). At any rate, dining times are only a request. You'll know your exact time when you board and get your S&S card.

Congratulations and have a great cruise!!!

Kenmo: This might sound silly but how on earth do I know how to pick a room? Any suggestions? We want emphasis on a nice balcony? Do some rooms have ext. balconies without paying the extra for a suite?

Any specific room recommendations for the Legend?

I'm asking for alot huh?!;)

there is many post on the seating time with many diffrent opinions.

My wife and I have been on only one cruise and we had late seating. It was suggested by our friends that thats what we take. We have a second one booked and we chose late seating. We like the not having to leave the deck at 4 o'clock to get ready for dinner or come back in early from the shore to get ready for dinner. Just my take.

I would call and book the balcony room if that is what i wanted to make sure it is what i got. My wife says she will pay the extra (like she pays) for the bal but not for a window. She would rather have an inside than an Ov for the price. Only a bal if the price is right.

I would call now, pick a cabin and pay the difference....it is for your honeymoon! I would book on the Verandah or Empress deck; there will be cabins above and below you and less chance of noise. On the Panorama deck you can hear noise overhead from scraping chairs and such. There are extended balcony cabins on both those decks. Another option is to go for a cabin on the aft. The views are amazing! Here is a picture of the back of the Spirit; the Legend will be the same: The large corner cabins are Cat. 11 suites.

2290965460064948802S600x600Q85.jpg

Kenmo: This might sound silly but how on earth do I know how to pick a room? Any suggestions? We want emphasis on a nice balcony? Do some rooms have ext. balconies without paying the extra for a suite?

Any specific room recommendations for the Legend?

I'm asking for alot huh?!;)

When I book this cruise, I'll try to get 6234 or 6281 which have longer balcs than others in the same category. Also would try for 5268 or 5297, they are extended balcs aft....you'll get alot of sun aft. I look for a larger balcony in the same category, what's above and below me, etc.

Good luck!!

5236,5238,5245,6232,6234,6281,7258,7260,7303,8232,8234,8239 all have super-sized balconies.

When I book this cruise, I'll try to get 6234 or 6281 which have longer balcs than others in the same category. Also would try for 5268 or 5297, they are extended balcs aft....you'll get alot of sun aft. I look for a larger balcony in the same category, what's above and below me, etc.

Good luck!!

Just an FYI regarding these 2 posts. Cabins 5238, 5245, 6234, 6281, 7260, 7303, 8234 and 8239 are all wheelchair accessible cabins and should not be booked unless you are disabled. But, cabins 8236, 6232, 7258 and 8232 are all regular cabins with huge extended balconies.

Just an FYI regarding these 2 posts. Cabins 5238, 5245, 6234, 6281, 7260, 7303, 8234 and 8239 are all wheelchair accessible cabins and should not be booked unless you are disabled. But, cabins 8236, 6232, 7258 and 8232 are all regular cabins with huge extended balconies.

How did you find that info? It doesn't note that on Carnival's online deck plans. It will help me to know when choosing a cabin!

How did you find that info? It doesn't note that on Carnival's online deck plans. It will help me to know when choosing a cabin!

On carnival.com under FAQ's, click on Guests with Special Requirements...Is there access onboard for guests with special requirements. Then click on Click Here, then just click on the ship you want. The cabins in blue are the wheelchair accessible cabins.

Archived