Trains from Heathrow to Harwich

Hi

I've been trying to find anyone who has taken a train from heathrow to Harwich. I just want to know of anyone's experience (the route and time taken) before I book a transfer. We are booked on the Jewel of the Seas Western Europe Cruise Sept 10th.

Hi Shimmerbug

We are on the Jewel on the 10th as well but we fly in on the 7th . From what I can tell there is a cruise train from Central London (Liverpool Station) to Harwich . Not sure how long it takes maybe 1 1/2 hrs. My problem is that on the return our hotel is at Heathrow so we will probably have to go back to Central London and take a taxi. Have you gone to the roll call baord for Sept 10th. there is lots of info there. Welcome to the cruise and join our meet & mingle group.

Muriel

Shimmerbug, Just booked my tickets on the web site, here is a link http://www.britishrail.com/timetable_tickets.html It's about an hour and a half ride from Liverpool St. Station to Harwich. Lots of room for luggage too.

Please join us on the roll call board for the Sept 10 sailing. We're all abuzz on planning and there is a lot of good info being posted. We have a good amount of cruisers there and Cottagemama is on our thread too. Why not register for the Meet and mingle also.

Here is the link for the latest page of the thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=390379&page=27

We would love to hear from you! :)

Hi Thanks a lot for all the info intially we were planning to land in the

UK on the 10th and come directly to the port from heathrow but now we ll come in on the 5th and catch the cruise train thanks will register and have fun on the cruise Ciao

From Heathrow to Harwich:

One of our Roll Call members lives in London and researched this for us. If you take the tube from Heathrow you will have to change lines once to get to Liverpool Street (Tube) station. His research showed that the change could be made most easily (elevator & escalators rather than steps) at King's Cross Station. One must exit the Liverpool Street tube station and then enter the Liverpool Street Train station. We are arriving at Heathrow this Saturday (Aug.3) at 6am and taking this route (the day before the ship sails). We were prepared to switch trains at Manningtree but discovered on the web that there are direct trains running on Saturday starting mid-morning.

Once we return I'll try and "reply" again and tell you if this worked.

If you take the tube from Heathrow you will have to change lines once to get to Liverpool Street (Tube) station. His research showed that the change could be made most easily (elevator & escalators rather than steps) at King's Cross Station.
If you don't want to deal with the Tube, then an alternative is to take the Heathrow Express train to Paddington. From there, it'll be easiest to get a taxi to Liverpool Street station and then get the train to Harwich from there.

Archived