Received Passport in 7 weeks

DH and I applied for our passports on June 9, 2007. We received them in today's mail. It was 1 day shy of 7 weeks. DH and I had a bet going. I said that we would recieve them by Labor Day. DH said that we would not get them until October. I won the bet.

Wow! That is pretty fast these days. Our neighbors applied for their passports (this was their first application) on April 20 and just received them last week. We sent in our passports on May 29 to have additional pages added (this is a free service) which normally takes about 2 weeks...and they are still "in process."

Hank

Was that without the expedited option? If so, that's great! Maybe they're getting back on track. Hey, we can always hope... :rolleyes: :p ;)

No, we did not get the espedited option. Our first cruise is not scheduled until March, 2008 so we knew that we had plenty of time to receive it. I was really surprised. DH came home from work today with a smile on his face. He said that he had a surprise for me. He told me to close my eyes, and he put something in my hand. I opened my eyes, and looked down to see a blue passport in my hands. He then handed me an envelope address to me. My passport was in that. I have been walking around with a smile on my face all evening.

No, we did not get the espedited option. Our first cruise is not scheduled until March, 2008 so we knew that we had plenty of time to receive it. I was really surprised. DH came home from work today with a smile on his face. He said that he had a surprise for me. He told me to close my eyes, and he put something in my hand. I opened my eyes, and looked down to see a blue passport in my hands. He then handed me an envelope address to me. My passport was in that. I have been walking around with a smile on my face all evening.

You must be related to the govenor or something!!!!!!LOL:D It took mine 13 weeks and that was good compared to some!!!!!! But now I have it so for 10 years I'm good to go!!!!!!

Was that without the expedited option? If so, that's great! Maybe they're getting back on track. Hey, we can always hope... :rolleyes: :p ;)

A poster in another thread is at 13 weeks and counting. :( So "sleepless" above either paid for expedited, or got very lucky.

Wow i got my passport today (Friday)by FedEX at a 14 week wait. I sail on Sunday so that was close. I called last Saturday and they processed and sent it on Wednesday from Miami so I guess it tok them a few days to find it... I'm just glad I got it.

A poster in another thread is at 13 weeks and counting. :( So "sleepless" above either paid for expedited, or got very lucky.

No I did not expedite the passport process. I have no need to. I do not need my passport until March 2008. I guess I am very lucky. Too bad the luck has not carried through on the lottery tickets we get.

Archived