Anyone have experience with condos in Waikiki?

Zbayette

We are getting to Oahu 3 days before the cruise and was hoping to stay in a condo type place with a kitchen. Does anyone know which is the best? best value, etc? Anyone have experiences that suggest we avoid certain ones? Thanks.

Have you looked at Vacation Rentals By Owner (vrbo.com) or Resort Quest (resortquest.com)? We've used both of them and have been very happy with vrbo.com. We used vrbo.com to find and stay at a condo in Waikoloa Beach Resort on the Big Island 2 years ago and are returning there again after our cruise in a couple of weeks on the 11th of August. We also used vrbo for a villa on St. John a couple of times as well. So, check them out and see. The Resort Quest condo we stayed in on St. Simon's Island seemed like a dated time share location and was not as good.

Have you looked at Vacation Rentals By Owner (vrbo.com) or Resort Quest (resortquest.com)? We've used both of them and have been very happy with vrbo.com. We used vrbo.com to find and stay at a condo in Waikoloa Beach Resort on the Big Island 2 years ago and are returning there again after our cruise in a couple of weeks on the 11th of August. We also used vrbo for a villa on St. John a couple of times as well. So, check them out and see. The Resort Quest condo we stayed in on St. Simon's Island seemed like a dated time share location and was not as good.

Thanks, that's what I've been using, but I have no idea which are nicer neighborhoods, etc. There are so many listed; I'm not sure where to start.

We are using vrbo.com in October, Island Colony. if you don't want to stay on beach this is fine, views of mountains and Ala Wai canal, nice neighbourhood and a lanai, nice for morning breakfast etc to relax

Hope this helps a little.

Clubby

When I go to Waikiki for more than a couple of days, I always stay at the Waikiki Shore, booking through VRBO.com. They have several sizes/prices to choose from...studio to two bedrooms and it's the only condo right on the beach. Actually, you'd have a peek of the ocean from any condo there.

GREAT location! I like Harry's place right on second floor ocean front...Has one king sized bedroom, one double with twin, one sofa bed in living room, nice kitchen with all appliances, washer, dryer, lots of beach toys.

Although it can potentially sleep a lot of people, my husband and I rent it for ourselves as we love the location and not having to go out for dinner and wait in lines. If it's a Friday night, you can sit on the lanai and watch the fireworks at the Hilton Hawaiian Village...or watch a great sunset any night.

Enjoy wherever you choose....

murphysmum;)

Hi there,

The State of Hawaii has requirements that non-local residents need to have a property manager to rent out a property.

So check out property managers and let them know what you have an interest in renting.

Enjoy,

Winnie

Archived