Qestions about Cunard and gay passengers.

bryanjaync

pnhmrk why the frown 11 years is great.

ahhh.gif

Not bad for a guy who claims to be only 18! Early start, I guess. Rather precocious!

Rob,

What a great idea! Noon on deck each day and watch as the Queens on the Queen wave to the other Queens on the other Queen;) , Just as the noon day horn is sounded, I rather fear the Captains should be pre warned so they can adjust the ballast tanks, Now all we need is somebody with a telephoto lens to get the photos of the other ship and the passengers!

Of course from the QM2 you will have such a stunning view of the Gracious Lady:)

cheers

Myles

As long as it as at noon. I would hate to be "enjoying the moon!"

Anon!

Brrrrrr....... far too cold to be mooning out on the north Atlantic in October!

After one of my cabin parties on QE2 during my last cruise, it came to my attention of a guest doing such a thing on the boat deck after the party ended :eek: That very same guest is on my next cruise as well... a very interesting American lady;) perhaps the champagne did flow a bit too much that night?

After one of my cabin parties on QE2 during my last cruise, it came to my attention of a guest doing such a thing on the boat deck after the party ended :eek: That very same guest is on my next cruise as well... a very interesting American lady;) perhaps the champagne did flow a bit too much that night?

Myles!

I told you not to tell!

Oh yeah, that's right. I've never been on the QE2 yet.

Yet!

Anon <G>

Not bad for a guy who claims to be only 18! Early start, I guess. Rather precocious!

Karie - I AM only 18:p I've just talked about some childhood friends in another thread (I think it was thread drift but I can't see why I'd have posted there:rolleyes: ). One of those friends was Paul - we've been together since childhood:D

I'm still searching for the golden rivet!

VirginCruiserII,

I was shown the golden rivet years ago,away deep deep down in the bottom of the ship, only trouble was l got my hands and knees filthy as l was looking for it, and when l was shown it l saw stars:eek:

The view from the officers porthole was far easier and much less messy;)

VirginCruiserII,

I was shown the golden rivet years ago,away deep deep down in the bottom of the ship, only trouble was l got my hands and knees filthy as l was looking for it, and when l was shown it l saw stars

The view from the officers porthole was far easier and much less messy

ahhh.gifahhh.gifahhh.gifqgreenjumpers.gif

grivet.jpg it does exist--what fun trying it you have had

• 2 months later...

hello

we is 6 gay boys on the qm2 and we are sailing to southampton on the tandem voyage wiv qe2 so should be fun!

we bkd cabins 8007/8013/8015

this post woz pretty helpful tks!

pls say hello any other lads or lasses going too!!

its our first time and we are all really excited and looking fwd to the send off of the qe2,

anyone know which ship will sail first?

also gonna be in NYC 13 jan 2008 to see all 3 queens in harbour...

cheers for now

rog london uk

also anyone know if the british pullman train is goin operate to meet the ships in southampton?:)

We'll be waiving at you from the decks of the QE2....:)

We're sailing immediately back on the QM2 on 10-22, so haven't investigated the train...we just walk down the pier, and get on right after you get off...(wait, that didn't sound right...;) )

Cheers,

Andrew

its our first time and we are all really excited and looking fwd to the send off of the qe2,

anyone know which ship will sail first?

And those of us on QE2 are really excited that your excited about the send off we shall have, it should be an awesome event, and with all the waving l guess we can expect sore arms:)

cheers

Myles

• 6 years later...

I am a little bewildered at some of the comments from gay passengers sailing on Cunard vessels regarding being "accepted". The only one whose acceptance is important to me... is me.

My partner and I just returned from a voyage on the Queen Victoria (SYD to SFO) and encountered six gay couples, most of whom were friendly and approachable. In our dining room (Princess Grill) there were four 2-tops with gay men, all of whom were friendly. The staff (especially the Maître d'hôtel) was extremely warm and accommodating. By the way, the DR is beautiful, with large view windows and the food was 5-Star. No special requests (and we had a couple) went unfulfilled.

The gym/spa/sauna was a popular meeting place and gay and straight men mixed congenially. We experienced no homophobia on this ship (or the QM2), so go with pride and the knowledge that you are you, and straight people do not expect (or ask for) your acceptance. Bon Voyage!

I am a little bewildered at some of the comments from gay passengers sailing on Cunard vessels regarding being "accepted". The only one whose acceptance is important to me... is me.

My partner and I just returned from a voyage on the Queen Victoria (SYD to SFO) and encountered six gay couples, most of whom were friendly and approachable. In our dining room (Princess Grill) there were four 2-tops with gay men, all of whom were friendly. The staff (especially the Maître d'hôtel) was extremely warm and accommodating. By the way, the DR is beautiful, with large view windows and the food was 5-Star. No special requests (and we had a couple) went unfulfilled.

The gym/spa/sauna was a popular meeting place and gay and straight men mixed congenially. We experienced no homophobia on this ship (or the QM2), so go with pride and the knowledge that you are you, and straight people do not expect (or ask for) your acceptance. Bon Voyage!

Wow! I thought this thread died some years ago! we've done 6 trips on Cunard & never had any problems at all. Did love the Queens & Princess Grills.Unfortunately we only did those in 2009-2010. Our last one on the QV was Jan.2012. Due to Cunard doing few trips to the Caribbean we tried Celebrity. It was great. The only issue, was the LGBT meetings were posted on a bulletin board near guest services(and not in the daily paper,as on Cunard) We saw several couples but never really interacted with any other LGBT pax. Still it never interferred with our trip.

My DH and I will sail on the QMII on May 16 and we are looking forward to hanging with as many gay and lesbian folks as possible, including our totally fabulous TA, who will be on board. I count on some fun times at the FOD meet-ups in the Commodore's Club - way more fun than Cruise Critic meet-ups.

My DH and I will sail on the QMII on May 16 and we are looking forward to hanging with as many gay and lesbian folks as possible, including our totally fabulous TA, who will be on board. I count on some fun times at the FOD meet-ups in the Commodore's Club - way more fun than Cruise Critic meet-ups.

Turn that around, and ask if someone posted that they were looking forward to hanging with as many straight people as possible, would that bother you?

Turn that around, and ask if someone posted that they were looking forward to hanging with as many straight people as possible, would that bother you?

Would it bother anyone if I posted that I look forward to hanging with as many dancers as possible in the evenings? I flit around the dance floor in the evenings, getting to know lots of different people, but I don't do that in any other place on the ship.

Salacia, I can see part of what you are saying, but on this thread I don't think it's about prejudice but about interest groups.

No, it was not about prejudice. It was an expression of enthusiasm, which unfortunately has now been dampened.

No, it was not about prejudice. It was an expression of enthusiasm, which unfortunately has now been dampened.

Don't let your enthusiasm be dampened by anyone else. We all have our groups of choice on special occasions. If I had my 'druthers I would be with people of a certain personality type or a certain entertainment value. That does not mean I ignore others or look down on them or am prejudiced by them. I am simply being human.

I read your initial comment in the spirit in which you intended it. You didn't put down straights; you expressed a preference for the company of gay people. Fine.

Now fire that enthusiasm back up to its previous high level! You will have a great time.

I found the Cunard CC meetups generally pretty nice. The one on our past Jan. Celebrity trip, was unfortunately really boring(and there were 100pax there!)They actually had to hold a second meeting. Alas it was really boring as well. Still loved the trip, though. Only being in the Queens Grill surpassed our Celebrity trip. The CC meetings by no means affects the fun we have on our trips.

This post started in 2007 and it made me reflect on how much has changed since then--gay people getting married (something I thought would not happen in my lifetime), gay professional basketball and football players (and a professional wrestler!), and protests at an Olympics (and partial boycott) because of the host nation's anti-gay laws. I think in 2014 acceptance of gay passengers by other passengers is just not an issue (which may also have been the case in 2007).

I found the Cunard CC meetups generally pretty nice. The one on our past Jan. Celebrity trip, was unfortunately really boring(and there were 100pax there!)They actually had to hold a second meeting. Alas it was really boring as well. Still loved the trip, though. Only being in the Queens Grill surpassed our Celebrity trip. The CC meetings by no means affects the fun we have on our trips.

Sorry to read that your Celebrity CC meet was not as much fun as you had hoped. The roll calls for my July trip on QM2 have not generated much response, aside from two couples.

Thought of you and Richard last Friday, my daughter, granddaughter and myself went out for a Mothers day lunch, to a restaurant noted for its Lobster cuisine. Our food was truly marvelous. This is the third year we have chosen a restaurant specializing in lobster. Getting real Main lobsters here in Florida is a challenge.

I no longer order lobster when on board, as they are mostly overcooked crawfish tails.

Have fun for the rest of the summer, and best wishes for your next cruise.

Lynn

Sorry to read that your Celebrity CC meet was not as much fun as you had hoped. The roll calls for my July trip on QM2 have not generated much response, aside from two couples.

Thought of you and Richard last Friday, my daughter, granddaughter and myself went out for a Mothers day lunch, to a restaurant noted for its Lobster cuisine. Our food was truly marvelous. This is the third year we have chosen a restaurant specializing in lobster. Getting real Main lobsters here in Florida is a challenge.

I no longer order lobster when on board, as they are mostly overcooked crawfish tails.

Have fun for the rest of the summer, and best wishes for your next cruise.

Lynn

Thank you. I hope your Mother's Day went excellently. The Lobster tails on the Eclipse were done very nicely, but it's still that warm water variety. The CC meetings on Celebrity had large numbers, easily over 100 pax. We met this nice couple from way up in Alberta(a nice warm respite for them)Overall, however no one really had "much" to talk about. On the Cunard CC meetings(the 2 we went to)people seemed much more "outgoing".