Just back from the Dawn...7/21/07

.......the Freestyle Dailies CruiseNurseBabe!

Looks like we have a fun filled week ahead!

Just exactly what does Romano Frediani's do? Juggling, comedy, musical, magic? Sounds like a lot of people liked it, but I haven't heard much about just what talent he displays.... :confused: .......

Here is what I got from the Dailies.....

Martini Club every day at 5:00pm

Kareoke for adults every night at 11:00pm

Most shows at 7:30 and 9:30 each night

KEWEL!!!!

Rusty

Frediani is AWESOME! The best show we have ever seen on a cruise. He does juggling but mixes in a little comedy. He is absolutely a must see and fantastic. He involves the audience in one part ( I wont ruin it for you) but it is the greatest thing. Really, don't miss this one, you will be glad you went. Also the Newlywed and Got it Get it and Liar's Club in the SPinnaker Lounge are great too with Matt the CD.

1) If you have a large party they will let make reservations at the no charge dining rooms. I think they will let you do it for the entire week.

2) Take the #7 bus it leaves every 15 minutes and is $8 round trip. The cab I heard costs close to $100 so I am not sure where the $22 came from, maybe the split with a few people but last year we paid about $80 both ways so I don't know where that cheap price came from.

3) I suggest you go to the Wyndham Hotel/Crystal Palace and you pay $15 for an all day pass with use of their pool and beach front. But, if you have not been to the Atlantis go there at night and you can get into their aquarium for free, I think it is after 6pm. It is the best aquarium in the world but you have to pay during the day. For excursion I would do snorkeling at GSC because you have the gear all day and can go out on your own.

Thanks for the reply....

A few more questions:

how long is the bus ride to and from so I know how much time to allow to get back to the ship?

Is it true the beaches in the Bahamas close around 5:30 pm?

Mike

We leave August 11th. A few questions

1) we have approx 20 people going. Can we make reservations in the "no extra charge" dinning rooms so we can sit together?

2) $22 cab ride to Horseshoe bay? I heard others say almost $50. Is that per person? We have 4...will they fit into their cabs?

3) any suggestions for the Bahamas? Excursions? I'm thinking of either the "seashorse sail and snorkel" or Pearl Island Treasure Hunt" Or maybe just going to a beach close to the pier.

Thanks

Mike

2. The cab is about $35.00 plus tip during the week. Its 25% more on a Sunday or Holiday. each way per cab up to 4 people. The five and six people cabs costs also about 25% more when there are 5 or 6 in the cab....

1 to 4 passengers per taxi

Fares have become more complex. Factors include

* If only one party or couple or family is involved.

* Or sharing a taxi from the airport. In which case, costs will be decided by the driver.

Approximate rates

Standard rate for first mile $4.80 per taxi

Each additional mile +$1.68 per taxi

Midnight to 6 am also Sundays & Public Holidays rate +25 percent more per taxi

Sightseeing Rate $36.50 an hour per taxi

Luggage in trunk (boot) or on roof +$0.25 per article

Approximate working-day one-way fares, excluding tip, without any surcharges, from Airport to

Place Approximate rate

Clear View Suites & Villas $12

St. George's Club $13

Fairmont Princess, Hamilton $22

Elbow Beach Hotel $27

Fairmont Southampton $32

The Reefs $33

Cambridge Beaches $46

5 to 6 passengers per taxi

Approximate rates

Standard rate for first mile $6 per taxi

Each additional mile +$2.10 per taxi

Midnight to 6 am also Sundays & Public Holidays rate +25 percent more per taxi

Sightseeing Rate $49.50 an hour per taxi

Luggage in trunk (boot) or on roof +$0.30 per article

Approximate working-day one-way fares, excluding tip, without any surcharges, from Airport to

Place Approximate rate

Clear View Suites & Villas $16

St. George's Club $17

Fairmont Princess, Hamilton $28

Elbow Beach Hotel $31

Fairmont Southampton $40

The Reefs $42

Cambridge Beaches $57

We are also thinking about the Dawn for Jan. but not sure about having to make reservations. Do you do each day the day before or the day of? Do you have to have reservations for Aqua, Impressions or Venetian? Glad you had a great cruise, but sorry to hear of rudeness to the staff.

For Aqua and Venetian, you do not need reservations as these are the "standard" restaurants. All others require a reservation and some, but not all, charge an additional fee. If you are part of a large group, then reservations can be made for these restaurants; otherwise, it's open seating.

We're booked on the January 6th cruise. Which one are you contemplating?

We leave August 11th. A few questions

1) we have approx 20 people going. Can we make reservations in the "no extra charge" dinning rooms so we can sit together?

2) $22 cab ride to Horseshoe bay? I heard others say almost $50. Is that per person? We have 4...will they fit into their cabs?

3) any suggestions for the Bahamas? Excursions? I'm thinking of either the "seashorse sail and snorkel" or Pearl Island Treasure Hunt" Or maybe just going to a beach close to the pier.

Thanks

Mike

I believe you can make reservations for large parties.

There were four of us and the taxis are metered. From Kings Wharf, it was $22.00 and change going and almost $25.00 back....that's because I had him stop so I could get out and take pics at Church Bay. DH tipped also, but the basic metered charge was that. Cabs are little minvans, but four will fit.

We got to the Bahamas late, so we only walked around Atlantis. We originally were going to do the Blackbeard Stingray, for the kids, but it was cancelled.

Thanks for the reply....

A few more questions:

how long is the bus ride to and from so I know how much time to allow to get back to the ship?

Is it true the beaches in the Bahamas close around 5:30 pm?

Mike

About 25 minutes for the bus ride each way. When you leave Horsehoe Bay don't wait until late because the buses will be packed. We left the beach around 4 in the Bahamas but I heard they do close early.

Picked up my son and family of 5 (kids 12 10 and 8) from the Dawn on Sat. Nothing but rave reviews all the way. loved the Penthouse suite 2 bdrms and jacouzzi tub under a picture window was a big hit.

As a TA I kept picking their brains for a complaint, they really couln't come up with one.

Food , service, kids activities,entertainment, staff...all A plus. They are very experienced cruisers and as such always are amazed at the people

who only seem to be having fun when they find something to bitch about. Even they seemed to be having a hard time without getting really piciune.

No engine problems,great weather. For the most part really nice folks and of course loved Matt..even got to meet his fiancee.

As LI ers, sailing out of NYC is the best..they never want to do it any other way

This trip was a very special celebration for them..DDIL is a breast cancer survivor. They cannot think of one thing they would rather have done

Any body booked CC cabin 8109 on Dawn?, just found out that the view is obstructed on forward part of ship, or is that on the side cabins in CC class?

Leaving B.A. March 2 for 14 days on Dawn around S.A. to Santiago, anybody caught the regular scheduled bus to Santiago from Valprasio? We have all the time in the world to get to our apartment in Santiago. Thought it would be a neat way of coming into the country. Of course my daughter said I was just cheap but having lived in Fiji and traveled the local buses there it seems to be a neat way of seeing the country side.

Way to many days to count till March 2, 2008,:( only saving grace is a 10 day RCL in the Med end of November. YEAH!!!!:):):):)

C&Dmich

Any body booked CC cabin 8109 on Dawn?, just found out that the view is obstructed on forward part of ship, or is that on the side cabins in CC class?

Leaving B.A. March 2 for 14 days on Dawn around S.A. to Santiago, anybody caught the regular scheduled bus to Santiago from Valprasio? We have all the time in the world to get to our apartment in Santiago. Thought it would be a neat way of coming into the country. Of course my daughter said I was just cheap but having lived in Fiji and traveled the local buses there it seems to be a neat way of seeing the country side.

Way to many days to count till March 2, 2008,:( only saving grace is a 10 day RCL in the Med end of November. YEAH!!!!:):):):)

C&Dmich

:confused: - I think you will find that your 14 day S.A. cruise is on the Norwegian Dream (not Dawn)

Oh boy!

If I keep this up they won't let me out.:o

Ah well thanks for the wake up, hmm maybe a small tattoo "Dream not Dawn"

I better check out the RCL cruise make sure I am on the right ship there.

C :confused: of C&Dmich

Hi - bet u had a blast! Cant wait to go! Yes, Yes, I would so love to see your dailies - if you have any to mail, I would most gladly pay for postage for your mailing or if u are downloading them, please let me know! I am also interested in any menus u may have along w/spa costs and services. Thanks Bunches!:)

C/BB

You are so good to put the dailies up so quickly. My problem is that I am not all that good w/computer and ask: how to "rotate" and can I print them out (how do I do this). Anyone help me here?:confused:

C/BB

I just went on and added them so they are right side up. Hope it works for you. As far as printing I am not sure. Maybe you could just print the entire page. Good Luck!

Archived