The color of the Water.....

sail7seas

:) Okay.....I guess I am about to prove I have 'gone over the edge' but I was at the supermarket and bought something I am so enjoying. I have to share it.

We have a major supermarket chain in our area called Stop & Shop.

I was buying jello and noticed they had store brand packages beside the regular jello brand. A package called Berry Blue (sugar free) jello caught my eye. What would blueberry jello look like? I was curious enough to buy a package and I mixed it up as soon as I got home. It is now set and I took out a custard cup of it to eat. I caught my breath as I removed it from the refrigerator.

It is exactly the color of the ocean at HMC on a bright sunny day and when the dish moved a little in my hand, the movement of the jello made me immediately visualize I was ''looking at the beautiful blue of that water'.

Anyone who lives near a Stop & Shop and needs a 'dose of looking at that gorgeous ocean'.......go get some jello!!! :)

:) :) Okay, I admit it. I need a cruise!!

Any excuse that gets DH telling me to call our TA works for me!!

October is too long for me to wait, don't you think? It seems I need to cruise sooner. :D ........to HMC particularly.

We need Dr. Phil to sign onto this board! :D I will have to agree with S7S that there's nothing like that water at HMC. Just going out a ways and standing, watching the fish around you, is totally awesome!

Sail, three more cruises and HAL will engrave your name on the door of your chosen S suite!

My grandson is now 11 and I used to buy blueberry Jello for him when he was a wee one. We've had it in Canada for a long time - can't believe the US is way behind us as usually it's the other way around.

My grandson is now 11 and I used to buy blueberry Jello for him when he was a wee one. We've had it in Canada for a long time - can't believe the US is way behind us as usually it's the other way around.

Esme.....no where, to my knowledge, did I say it was brand new here.

It was new to me; I do not shop in that store very often and had never seen it. But, for all I know, it has been on the shelves for years.

You are trying to read too much into a light, airy, pleasant observation. This is not a critique of the various flavors of jello available on U.S. store shelves.

Seeing as this market is one of the so-called "super stores" and is absolutely huge, I imagine there are a great many products there I have never seen....and well may not see for years to come. And......I imagine I shall get along just fine without them.

Rev........It is BAD!!! Isn't it??

How many more cruises until they change the name of the ship from Maasdam to OUR name (with a dam suffix)????? :)

Actually, I'd kind of like "our name" on OUR Suite Door!!!:D

KK....Yes, the owner of the Travel Agency we use lives in our neighborhood. From my front door to his is under a five minute walk. The office is a bit further away........but driven in 6-7 minutes at most!!!

What a nice belated birthday gift that would be for DH........think he'd 'believe' I did it just for him???

(Thankfully for the stability and happiness of our marriage.....he loves the 'dam' ships as much as me and is well aware that I have claimed Maasdam as "mine". ;)

sail7seas,

Does this mean that if you have two custard cups full, it is back to back?

Oh my goodness, Dave.........I love it!!! Seems I'll be eating alot of jello (sugar free, of course, to be South Beach legal :) ) Each b-to-b demands 2 cups!!!

sail7seas

If I remember correctly, didn't you say that your TA is just around the corner from where you live?

Why not stop in to see your TA on your morning walk and book a cruise and surprise your DH?

I thought it would taste like blueberry but it really didn't. It was just so pretty to look at.

Tomorrow I'll be back at the store buying out their supply :) Just so I can keep seeing that incredible blue.

We need Dr. Phil to sign onto this board! :D

Sail, three more cruises and HAL will engrave your name on the door of your chosen S suite!

Jim.....How do I apply for 'that courtesy?' :D How neat would that be when we return to "MY" Maasdam in the future, to have our Suite door engraved with our name? Talk about egotistical!!! Kidding folks....only kidding. Don't go getting crazy!!!

:D :) You always make me smile!!! That is a wonderful gift you have!!!

You are welcome to fish off any 'dam' deck of any 'dam' ship we ever should find ourselves on. And Rev.......I'm counting on you to pull in a load of packed full lobster traps and we shall FEAST that night. We might even share with all our CC friends..........whaddayathink? :)

Rev. Neal......That picture you posted was absolutly perfect.......And it snuck up so suprisingly!! Had me laughing (love your humor) and smiling in anticipation. Lisa and I are sailing on the same date as you but different ships. I suspect that if I don't stop obsessing that I may not live to see Sept. 25 as she may have to put me out of my misery!! Thanks again for the pic. Chef Nancy:) :cool: :D

Archived