how much time to allow to get from port to rome on the freedom

honeydog714

I know it is not until next year but I am starting to scout airfares and hotels and it looks like my FF airline (which i was hoping to use points to move up to first class) flys out of rome at 11:55 that surely is too early i would think since the port is like an hour and a half away. We were planning on going in three days early so I don't really want to have to spend another night in those expensive rome hotels, I think i have answered my own question, it is too close I better check out other airlines with several flights to choose from- darn.

There really is no Customs at the port itself [i got that when I returned to the States]. For me, standard [not self] debarkation started in the early--something like 7am--morning

Really? So it is possible I could make a 11:55 flight? I had just decided that we would fly in for two days early since on the way in we will be exhausted with the overnight flight which really means no sleep, and then stay one more night after, there is so much to see in Rome, hmmm maybe I will rethink it again..I hate to fly with another carrier even if I can't get us upgraded our next transatlantic would be free if we keep with UsAir.

So how was the freedom and how was the itinerary? We have two cruises prior to it but I am pretty overwhelmed with this one, bought my learn italian cd's the other day, July can't come soon enough.

You should be OK with a Noon flight. I think they started calling for debarkation about 6:30 AM. Lots of people have early flights and Carnival will accommodate you. You have to fill out a sheet on board that asks what your plans are for debarkation - early flight, late flight, staying in Rome, private arrangements, etc.

We did a back to back 6/6 and 6/18 and we loved it. I can't tell you which I liked better because I don't know, at least as far as the ports are concerned. The first cruise itself was more fun because of our great roll call people on board. All the ports were great but the Greek & Turkey ports were more exotic for us but they were all great.

Have a great cruise.

Linda

Archived