Priority boarding Miami?

Some one posted that Diamond and D+ can utilize the suites priority boarding line now that there is no Diamond priority lounge in Miami. Has anyone here actually done this? If so, just how did it work? I am really not happy that we have lost the priority boarding perk in Miami. No, I'm not better than anyone else. But that is a perk that RCI has offered to us in the past, and I would like it back.

Some one posted that Diamond and D+ can utilize the suites priority boarding line now that there is no Diamond priority lounge in Miami. Has anyone here actually done this? If so, just how did it work? I am really not happy that we have lost the priority boarding perk in Miami. No, I'm not better than anyone else. But that is a perk that RCI has offered to us in the past, and I would like it back.

If it is the still the same as last September, there is a separate Diamond line and you will follow the weddings on board the ship. All the weddings, their parties and guests board first. Everyone has to stand on line in the same small roung room at the top of the escalators and go through the metal detectors and the x ray machine with the luggage carry ons.

Once inside the larger room, there are check in lines for Diamonds, suites, Platinum, etc.

There is no separate waiting room as there used to be. Unless they have changed it again. ?? It was very crowded. I was hoping they were doing construction somewhere.

There was no D / D+ priority boarding for Majesty 2 weeks ago...

Didn't they even have a separate Diamond and up line that followed the weddings anymore? I was not a Diamond yet in September, but I know they had it then as I was next to it on my line.

Once inside the big room they told me to go all the way to the last line for Platinum. I was on in about 5 minutes after that. :)

I get there so early I don't wait that long anyway. :D

Let me add to the confusion:

we had an OS 6/30 Liberty sailing. We got on the priority "suite" boarding line - the terminal was packed. There were either one or two reps for this line and there was no one in front of us. We waited about 15 minutes and the other line was moving much faster. Finally we caught someone's eye and they took us next. This was for check in.

The line to actually board was minimally one hour long.

We thought we would have priority boarding. We saw someone with an orange PRIORITY BOARDING PASS - they received it during check in and we didn't. So we asked the passenger and she rudely told me she was PLATINUM and we weren't so she got the pass and we didn't. (we would be plat. at the end of the cruise but that's not the point)

We asked 3 reps about this priority for suites - seemed like an OS would get us priority...and we got three answers...no such thing...the priority lounge is over-crowded and you can't go.....you don't get priority.

A fourth rep said he didn't know (?) he was sorry and told us to wait for the passengers with special needs and he would priority board us with them. We waited an hour and no one came to get any of those people so we left and saw that the original boarding line was gone....so we just boarded.

I don't know when those people boarded but it seems to me that there is "0" cooperation between people in that terminal.

We've sailed many times and this was by far the worst and most frustrating experience ever and we thought it would be easier as stated in the suite perks.

I sincerely hope you have an easier boarding experience.

Archived