Zuiderdam - Amber Event

GrammaZ

Can anyone who has cruised the Zuiderdam this season to Alaska remember if there was an Amber event held during the cruise? There was one on the Noordam this past winter and it was amazing. Hope to be able to take advantage again of it on our cruise in September.

Yes there was an amber event. Lots of amber to purchase was put out one day. The best prices for amber however, was off the ship in Ketchican.

There is a Russian store.It is a couple of blocks off the main street. They will bargain a bit. Have really nice pieces, very good quality.

Going late in the season they will probably have the best prices then. We went in Mid May this year. Buying Amber on the ship is still less expensive than at home.

Have fun on the Zuiderdam and Alaska.

Regards,

San Diego Sue:D

Thanks San Diego Sue, I will definitely shop around. The event we had on the Noordam was one evening in a special room around the library area where there was a special evening display of beautiful amber. I have never seen such a variety of different types of amber and at quite reasonable prices. I have educated myself on the value of amber and what I like and am looking foward to finding that special piece.

Archived