Miami - What time do you book your return flight?

enjoyinglife

Last year, we made our reservations around 1:30 pm to be safe. The problem was that we got to the Miami airport so early that we couldnt check in our luggage. We, along with what seemed like hundreds others, had to sit on a carpet in the middle of the airport for several hours. We took turns staying with the luggage, going get something to eat and drink, etc.

This year, I am thinking of making the flight around 12:00. Can I have information about this? What are the odds that we miss the flight if the ship is held up?

Please advise!

Our return flight is at 4:55 non-stop to New Orleans, only because the earlier flight is at 11:00 a.m. with the airline we are flying. I didn't want to chance it booking the earlier flight. I could have booked an earlier flight with 1 stop, but I didn't want to go to DFW, then back to New Orleans.

Our flight leaves at 11:35 and I am starting to get nervous about it. My boss did this same flight in June and said they had plenty of time and actually sat around for quite awhile. They did self assist at disembarkation. Anyway, HTH!!

Archived