Fewest biting bugs, least humid?

arabrab

Hello --

We'd like to go on one of the Tahitian cruises, but I wilt in high humidity and get huge blotches from mosquito bites.

Suggestions for better times of the year for a visit?

Thanks!

Hello --

We'd like to go on one of the Tahitian cruises, but I wilt in high humidity and get huge blotches from mosquito bites.

Suggestions for better times of the year for a visit?

Thanks!

I'm leaving for Tahiti in 3 weeks and posted the same question about mosquitos/sand mites. I was told not to worry, there are none!

We went in late June and, if anybody would have suffered from humidity or mosquitoes, my wife would have. Never got bitten--never had a day that was too steamy. Have a great time, whenever you go!

We have just returned from the TP and I did not have any problems with insect bites whilst cruising or stopping at any of the ports. However whilst in Bora Bora for three nights pre cruise, I got bitten continuously.

By the way, the weather was perfect in July - not humid at all.

Northern-hemisphere summer is the driest time, and least humid. I've not been bothered by bugs except occasionally on trips in heavy underbrush, but that's easily avoided. I've never taken bug spray with me, been there 3 times. April and earlier in the spring is definitely muggier, I had a tough time in April.

We just returned from the Tahiti to Hawaii trip and encountered no mosquitos anywhere. There were few tiny flying bugs (that bit a bit) as we climbed the hill at the farm on Tahaa to see the blooming vanilla. But, that was just a bit of a pest for the few minutes you were on the hill ... after that nothing!

We didn't see any bugs either.. other then a HUGE cockroach at the Faaa airport... :).

We found it humid.. but we come from a VERY dry area...it was nice to never need to put on lotion... since we have returned home I think I have gone through an entire bottle of lotion to avoid peeling.

But really after the first couple of days we found the humidity not so bad...we always left our balcony door open at night, never used the air conditioning in our room.

Archived