Need suggestions for lower cost cruises

We are only interested in Princess cruises - 15-21 days only, starting January 2008. Sometimes there are flash deals we miss or someone here knows about especially good deals. That's how we found out about the TA Rome to FLL in December on the Star. Specifically does anyone know about "unpopular" - read cheaper - Princess cruises, perhaps with lots of sea days, potential bad weather, etc. beginning in January 2008? People who follow these threads are great and someone might just have some ideas for us.

For better fairs chose repositioning cruises, hurricane season or off peak (children in school). There are times when a cruise is not selling well and they will offer much better prices after final payment was due. The caveat here is that at times, the choice of available rooms may not be the best.

Are you a Costco member? I've booked several cruises through them, and I never found a lower price anywhere after booking. Also, if you book very early, read that book as soon as the itenaries come out, you can sometimes get a better deal. I know many people say to think flexible and book late, but here again I never saw a better price for any of our cruises later on. I saw the price go way up after I booked, but I never saw it come down. Dforeigner gave you good advice about repositioning cruises and off-season, but you need to look at the "bang for the buck" factor if you're considering a short repositioning cruise. You may have a low total cost, but adding in airfare, you may end up paying more per day than you would on a longer cruise. My DH and I are cheap rascals, and we usually book inside cabins. If we can get a cruise that costs out to less than $100 each, then we're happy cheap rascals.

The Panama Canal repositioning cruises sometimes go for really good prices. Ft. Lauderdale to California or some such.

And make sure you go to Princess's website and sign up for last minute deals via email. You can choose how short notice you can do and what itenaries you're interested in. We got only one really good deal this way, but you might do better.

Yes and thanks very much - certainly I was thinking of the repositioning cruises. I'll just leave this thread dangle out there for awhile in case anyone learns of a specific Princess cruise of 15 days length or greater that is coming down the pike in early 2008. All comments welcome

Yes and thanks very much - certainly I was thinking of the repositioning cruises. I'll just leave this thread dangle out there for awhile in case anyone learns of a specific Princess cruise of 15 days length or greater that is coming down the pike in early 2008. All comments welcome

Check the Star Princess for Jan 10 or Feb 19 South America to the Antartica for 16 days lots of sea days begins and ends on Buenos Aires. We are on the one for Feb 19th.

I found a site that lets multiple agents bid for your business. I have booked three cruises on this site and they always beat the best price I have found. The site is called *****.com. You won't be sorry!quote=BayCalif-Ariz R Us;11028570]We are only interested in Princess cruises - 15-21 days only, starting January 2008. Sometimes there are flash deals we miss or someone here knows about especially good deals. That's how we found out about the TA Rome to FLL in December on the Star. Specifically does anyone know about "unpopular" - read cheaper - Princess cruises, perhaps with lots of sea days, potential bad weather, etc. beginning in January 2008? People who follow these threads are great and someone might just have some ideas for us.

Goodman thanks to you and all. We were already booked at a fantastic price for our December TA to Europe. Then I decided to throw it to the *****.com folks and sure enough they came up with an even better price. We'd already arranged airfare, insurance and transfers so it was easy to figure out exactly what the cruise was costing us. I normally use one agency that almost always beats everybody's prices - but in this case they didn't. I guess I just need to be patient and start looking again in October for the early 2008 cruises!

Archived