San Pedro pier?

39august

Another option is SNA (Orange County); it's a smaller airport than LAX and a little further away, but if you get a good price it might be worth the extra drive.

Burbank and Ontario are both a HAUL from San Pedro.

I'm doing this in November and will be flying in to LAX on Southwest. This is really the best option for me. Long Beach is also a good option. You should be able to find flight for about the same price. Southwest goes to LAX and Jet Blue goes in to Long Beach.

Are there shuttles to the pier from SNA? Taxis? Any idea of the cost and availability? We're flying in / out on Saturday and hoping for less traffic. Thanks
Orange County (John Wayne Airport) is an option, however, that will put you on the infamous 405 (San Diego Freeway). The traffic is not necessarily better on Saturday, it may be! I try to never, ever drive the 405! There are other freeway options from LAX and with LGB, you can avoid freeways altogether!

SNA (Orange County Airport) is almost never cheaper in airfare than LAX or LB airport fares because they have very high airport taxes. Also, it's further away and exposes you to the potential of more freeway traffic which could delay your arrival to the port. Since I live in the suburbs of Los Angeles, I would definitely recommend that you choose LAX or LB, based upon the flight fares and timetables of the airlines that fly from your area.

Happy Sailing!

Archived