DIAMOND PRINCESS #E717 Compared to GOLDEN #E717 ARE THEY THE SAME?

wizard-of-roz

• 2 months later...

Beatriz: That is the cabin we will be in on November 24th.

We were in E717 on the Diamond and it's an amazing Mini-Suite. It's a huge cabin with a large foyer, consisting of a desk/large closet with full length mirror and safe. In the living room there is a mini bar/couch/two end tables/refrig. and T.V.

The bedroom area has two twin beds with end tables/lots of drawer and shelve space with another T.V.

The bathroom is a typical HC bathroom with lots of bars to hold on to and a seat in the shower. It's also very big.

I was told the Golden E717 was similar....I'll let you know after November 24th. Unless someone has more info on it.

This Cabin, on the Diamond, truly spoiled us for any other HC cabin.

E717 on both ships is an inside H/C category J room. It is not a minisuite and it does not have a balcony.

Other than being an inside, it sounds like a mini-suite in every other respect.

right no balcony window thing expected, its interior, am wondering how large it will be etcetc , it has alot of sq footage from what ive been told..from what I was told its not 2 rooms , no separate living room ,has the bedroom w/ 2 beds, and an easy to get around bathroom..."roz", have fun please let me know how it is!! Im speaking about golden princess, again emerald deck, is it? E717! thnx so much ..anyone else know anything???

I initially felt for it believing E717 is a mini suite because I have stayed at E718 on the Grand which is a mini suite. I just looked at the ship's diagrams for both the Diamond and the Golden. E717 is an interior room which means only one TV, no sofa, no bath tub.

On top of that, E717 is also designated as a handicap room. I hope this helps.

We had E717 on the Diamond and was told that the Golden was similar....we'll see in 4 weeks, I'll be in it and I'll let you all know.....

On the Diamond, it was, as I explained before....a MiniSuite type cabin, with a couch/living area with T.V. and Bedroom area, two separate twin beds, with T.V........it is an inside cabin....no veranda and is a HC accessible cabin.....no bathtub but a huge bathroom.

We'll see if the Golden is the same.....

• 3 weeks later...

Bea: As I stated; E717 was truly a beautiful stateroom.....with a wet bar; two t.v.'s; a lovely sitting area, with a couch; a foyer/dressing area and a huge bathroom. My favorite HC cabin on any ship.

We'll be on the Golden, on the 24th and we'll be in E717.....we'll see....I'll let you all know!

• 1 month later...

Hi Bea: I've been remiss in not letting you all know about our wonderful second voyage on the Golden.....believe it or not....It was better!!!

And, E717 was exactly like the Diamond......with one minor difference...it had two chairs in the sitting/wet bar/t.v. area....of which we had changed out to a couch......(it made so much more sense and it was much more cozy!) We spoke to the hotel assistant manager and he gladly had our steward remove the chairs and they replaced them with a couch. (Amazing what you can get by just asking!)

I really like the Golden Princess and all that she offers. She's simple and classy...she's easy to maneuver with one exception (the Canaletto dining room!)...she has a wonderful crew....and, I'd sail her again, any day! Hopefully, sooner than later!

She showed some wear and tear in the beginning of the cruise: Rails that needed to be varnished; rugs that had a tear; furniture that showed some wear.....but, during the cruise, along came the "repair fairies" and before the cruise was over most of the above was in "ship-shape!"

For me, this is not a deal breaker......after all she has to go through on a weekly basis.....she's a fine lady!

Bea: The room is a mini-suite....it is huge; with a marble entry hall with a desk/chair and tons of closet space.

The lighting is beautiful, in this suite.

The bathroom is large with the typical "roll-in" and seat for wheelchairs. It is not as big as the Diamond but it is big.

Our room steward was amazing....no kidding...he was "on" the entire cruise...he had our ice ready; our room made-up and our needs met, all the time. He was friendly and easy to find! I apologize, his name totally escapes me, now. But, when I can remember it I will let you know!

My wake-up and leaving the cabin times vary a lot, while I'm cruising and this never seemed to fase him....he always had a smile and lovely greeting, each day!

The thruster noise is really loud when entering ports, along with a lot of vibration..this lasts for seconds and only occurs when going into port. It's louder with more vibration than the Diamond....but, again, not a deal breaker!

When we were in a different cabin, on the Golden, more in the center of the ship.....I never felt or heard the thrusters.

I did not need the egg crate....I happen to like a hard bed....and my bed was very firm....

I know that Princess gets a bad rap for their beds.....I don't like their beds as well as Holland America but Princess shines above NCL. I also like their beds better than Celebrity (of course, that was in 2005), I think that Celebrity has upgraded since then.

I have never been unhappy with Princess's beds and have never used an egg crate.

And, I am known, in my circles, to be a bit of a "nit-picker!"

I am so happy when I get on a cruise ship....it really takes a lot to displease me!!!!!

for all your comments, we love these kind of trips as well and you alleviated my concerns as we ve never been in such an I guess youd say aft cabin..we go in March and look forward to it! so thank you and happy to know you had great cabin and trip! anything else you might be able to comment on reg the cabin please do so! B

Archived