What Is The "Cruise Hook' For You?

advocado

As mentioned in prior post the repositioning cruises are great for sea days. I live in Los Angeles and like to do the "Coastal Cruises". These are generally 2 to 6 day cruises from/to Vancouver/Seattle - from/to Los Angeles/SanDiego. Spring Time - I usually either take a ship one-way from Los Angeles to Vancouver drive to Seattle - spend a day or more and fly one way back to Los Angeles. Fall Time - I do the reverse.

There are longer extentions of these Coastal Cruises in which the ships go from Vancouver/Seattle to Caribbean by way of Panama Canal. These are generally 14 to 17 days. They have 2-3 sea days at a time mixed with a port stop.

The true hook for us are the sea days. My hubby, son and I prefer the sea days. And it sounds like there are many who love the sea days, too. Can y'all, the more experienced cruisers, share with us the cruises that have more sea days than not? I've heard of "relocation" cruises. Anyone been on those?

Thank you both! We love cruises, and we love them not for where we are going but much more for the shear fact we are on a ship! We love being alone as much as meeting new people and making friends. Unfortunately, my hubby and I both have demanding careers, and fortunately, we were blessed with our miracle baby very late in life (he's 11 now) - so we're limited on time, but all three of us love cruising. Our goal is to get to 3 cruises a year, then to 4. Ultimately, my hubby and I want to go on a grand cruise.

Guess we'll have to wait on the repositioning cruises - timing probably isn't good for us. May be in a few years . . .

Thanks for your feedback!

Why cruising is the best? Time alone with DH, popcorn while watching movies, walking on the teak promenade deck, seeing the ocean, eating breakfast, lunch, or dinner in pajamas in our cabin "home", inhaling the sea air, no dishes, chocolates on the pillow, sleeping in. To name a few reasons.

• 2 weeks later...

At first it was the lure of the "Love Boat". Reality....everything posted on this thread plus at my age it is the closest that I've come to being a kid again with little or no resposibilites for the duration of the trip! Someone else picks up after you, cooks for you and entertains you!

At first it was the lure of the "Love Boat". Reality....everything posted on this thread plus at my age it is the closest that I've come to being a kid again with little or no resposibilites for the duration of the trip! Someone else picks up after you, cooks for you and entertains you!

AMEN!!

Since birth I've had salt water flowing through my veins. When I'm at sea is the only time I truly feel "I'm home".

On my first cruise there was no TV or newspapers, cabin phone only reached other placed on the ship, there was no Internet or cell phones. I quickly realized that the entire world could end and I still wouldn't have a care. Even though there is now easy contact with the outside world that sense is still with me when I'm on a ship.

At sea is the only place I have ever known serenity.

Archived