Triumph Formal nights

barbemm

Hi,

Can anyone that has sailed the new Triumph itinerary, tell me which nights are the formal nights? I would like to hear from someone that has sailed the itinerary with Half Moon Cay and San Juan by day,(not the one with San Juan at night) since this is the itinerary I will have on Oct 27th. My guess is that they'd be Sunday night after Half Moon Cay and Thurs night after Grand Turk? But it's only a guess. Can someone confirm the formal nights for me. Thanks in advance.

Barb

Thanks for the link to the thread, but now am more confused than before, lol..some said Thursday and others were told Friday...Friday makes no sense to me since its packing night. I have never in all my past cruises had a formal night on the night we have to pack...Monday does make sense though since it gives the beauty salon time to make some money on hair do's, lol...and manicures...oh well, I will call tomorrow and see what they tell me at Carnival, this should be interesting. Thanks for your help though.

Barb

Yes it does sound confusing - as if the formal nights can and do change as required? I agree that Friday night is a bad choice given it is the final night of the cruise?? In any case I am not affected either way as I usually choose late seating so would be back on the ship in time to get ready and not miss dinner!

Will wait and see how it turns out!

Hi, i had asked somone at carnival, and it is the first sea night, and Thursday night in grand turk, this was also confirmed when reading some of the reviews, with this itenerary. we are booked for the 13th

Thur nite it is even tho you are in GT till about 7. People with early dinners had to come in early or skip it. Since it was thur, we were already kind of tired of the sun and beach and came in around 4. You will love the Triumph and the ports. We were the 1st ship to go there in April.

We just sailed on the Triumph July 14 and the formal night was Sunday and Thursday. The ship is slightly tired but, clean and the staff is absolutely wonderful. We have sailed on Valor and Legend and the staff of Triumph is by far the most accomodating and friendly we have found.

Our steward actually talked with us!!! Talk about a change...we had a great time and you will absolutely love Half Moon Cay. We think the finest beach we have ever seen - bar none. Megans Bay is supposed to be in the top ten on earth and it pales in comparison - you be the judge. Half Moon is so beautiful and UNSPOILED. The sand is so soft and cool and the water is absolutely crystal clear.

My wife and I went for our 30th anniversary and would gladly sail this itinerary again just to go to Half Moon!!!

Thur nite it is even tho you are in GT till about 7. People with early dinners had to come in early or skip it. Since it was thur, we were already kind of tired of the sun and beach and came in around 4. You will love the Triumph and the ports. We were the 1st ship to go there in April.

We sailed this itinerary in June and yes it was the first sea night and the Thursday Grand Turk port night. On our cruise they changed the departure time for Grand Turk from 7:00 to 5:30pm. I've read several people have had the departure time changed for Grand Turk to 5:30 as well. Not sure why Carnival doesn't officially change this since it seems to be the actual time they depart and not the 7pm. There were lots of grumbling about leaving early but if it were officially changed people wouldn't know any different.

On our cruise they changed the departure time for Grand Turk from 7:00 to 5:30pm.

Thanks for the update Betty - how far in advance did you know about the time change? Just that day or at the beginning of the cruise? (this may affect our choice of excursion!)

Thanks,

Froufie

Archived