Crown - Adagio

TessM

I'm curious about Adagio. I see on the deck plans of the Crown that it's (a bar?) next to Sabatini's on the Sun Deck. I did a quick search of these threads and I've gathered that it is a low key piano bar. - Is that categorization correct?

If so, how does Adagio differ from Crooners?

Thanks!

Tess

I'm curious about Adagio. I see on the deck plans of the Crown that it's (a bar?) next to Sabatini's on the Sun Deck. I did a quick search of these threads and I've gathered that it is a low key piano bar. - Is that categorization correct?

If so, how does Adagio differ from Crooners?

Thanks!

Tess

Tess,

Yes, Crooner's is a Martini Bar smack in the middle of the Atrium and as such is like the crossroads of the ship.

So the ambience is the difference - Adagio is a classy, lovely appointed and very quiet lounge for pre or post dinner drinks and conversation.

A classy piano bar is probably more accurate. They also offer a great mix of stuffed olives with your drinks. I found it a good place to go for a conversation as opposed to the riotous time in the crooner's bar.

Adagio is FABULOUS and was one of my favorite places on the Crown. They serve the BEST olives and breadsticks with your drinks. It is a warm, inviting room with lots of wood. And it is quiet (even with piano player) and a nice place to relax and talk. Definitely try it!! :D :D

Billet,

What do you mean "riotus" Was it loud or just many people?

Thanks

It was both loud and had many people. It was a fun atmosphere but it was difficult to carry on a conversation. Oops I should have used the spelling checker for riotous.

Billet,

You and me both! I used to be a great speller don't know what happened. Must be age!

Thanks for answering, I think it might be perfect for our large group.

Ohh, I am jealous. Have a great trip and do check out Adagio.

We went there a few times and once before dinner at Sabatini's.

They opened a lovely Barolo wine for us and we had one glass and then they delivered the rest to our table for dinner. It was a perfect start to our meal. Happy Cruising.

i have heard rumors of a delicious tiramisu martini and a handsome bartender to go along with it in adagio...i will be looking for both :D

Hmmmm....I wonder if that would be Fabian!!!???? He was in Adagio when we were on the Crown in May (also in Feb)...but it was actually Gabriela who made the best Tiramisu Martinis!!!!

Adagio is also off the beaten track...not a place everyone passes. Usually, most people find it either for trivia or on the way to Sabatini's. By the way, you can have your dessert served there after your meal in Sabatini's. I heard that even if you don't have dinner in Sabatini's, you can get dessert served in Adagio. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong on that last one.

Hmmmm....I wonder if that would be Fabian!!!???? He was in Adagio when we were on the Crown in May (also in Feb)...but it was actually Gabriela who made the best Tiramisu Martinis!!!!

Hey there Lauren!!! Fabian sounds FAB!!! LOL! :D

i have heard rumors of a delicious tiramisu martini and a handsome bartender to go along with it in adagio...i will be looking for both :D

The tiramisu martini rocks. As for the bartender, there was a female from England mostly.

But my wife had her eye on the waiter from Albania.

Mark

The tiramisu martini rocks. As for the bartender, there was a female from England mostly.

Mark

Fabian and Gabriela were there in May but I know that Gabriela left the ship in July. Was the female bartender Aleesha by any chance.

Mark

Hey, Mark! Say hi to Marit for me (Annie). Sorry I missed you guys the last night in Club Fusion -- I got a better offer (i.e. a date). Anyway, she's right, that waiter from Albania was definitely a cutie. I didn't try the tiramisu martini but the citrus bellini was excellent. The thing about Adagio in the evening (after 10pm) is that it's usually deserted, except for the pianist and the staff. So it's a great place for quiet conversation/romantic drinks with that nice guy you met on board. . .

Hey, Mark! Say hi to Marit for me (Annie). Sorry I missed you guys the last night in Club Fusion -- I got a better offer (i.e. a date). Anyway, she's right, that waiter from Albania was definitely a cutie. I didn't try the tiramisu martini but the citrus bellini was excellent. The thing about Adagio in the evening (after 10pm) is that it's usually deserted, except for the pianist and the staff. So it's a great place for quiet conversation/romantic drinks with that nice guy you met on board. . .

Oh... I see... your social life is more important that the people you just met from CC.... Kidding... well good for you. I hope he didn't frighten you as much as I did.

Take care and see you on the high seas again.

Mark

p.s. good luck with your school thingy ( thingy is a very technical term usually reserved for the highly edgimicated. Feel free to use it if you feel up to it.)

Archived