How's the Iced Tea?

NYmomma

Since this seems to be the only complimentary cold beverage on Princess after breakfast (except tap water:)), I was wondering: How's the Iced Tea?

I have found the iced tea to be fine. It is unsweetened and always available. The water, too, is fine. We are bottled water drinkers and like the water served. Coffee, tea juice and milk are available breakfast time. The coffee and tea may be all day not sure, we don't drink it then. I believe that is it for free.

The iced tea is really STRONG. It looks like coke! You can solve the problem by practically filling your glass with water before adding iced tea. There is plenty of lemon available to add as well. I take those little packets of Crystal Light and also take packets of hot chocolate mix as they now charge $1.50 for hot chocolate in the Horizon Court. Not sure if there is a charge for hot chocolate in the dining room.

Bucky - I hadn't even thought of bringing Crystal Light packets for my husband - thanks for bringing that up.

I like unsweetened ice tea - I always brew a cup and then pour it over ice - make sure you get a second glass of ice since the hot tea melts the ice quickly.

The two tea bag idea is great - I will try that in September.

Thanks for all of the tips! I'll try making my own iced tea.I think I will have to bring some powdered drink mix for my kids as well, as they are a bit young for drinking soda all day.

I drank the ice tea all the time. It was fine. I add a lot of lemon and ice and did not mind it at all. I also made lemonade, by squeezing lemons into ice and water and sweet-n-low. It was very refreshing. Definitely bring your own cocoa. It is just mix, one envelope and you could probably buy the box for the $1.50 they charge for one cup.

TIP - Before they close down the breakfast buffet get some large glasses from one of the bars and fill with half OJ and half Cranberry juice - makea a nice cooler - might be good with some vodka or rum also.

Ron

I am going to buy the boxes like Tea To Go, or Lemonaide to go. Just pour the power into a bottle of water or glass of water and ta da! I like the green tea. Just get a few boxes of your fav flavor to bring with you. :D

Do they offer Splenda on board for sweetening tea or coffee?

They had Splenda back in October when I was on the Crown. I hope they still have it, it's what I mostly use.

Sharon H.

Iced tea on cruise ships IMHO is bad across the board... the first thing I want when we get off a ship in Florida is a stop at Wendy's for a big cup of 'southern sugar sweet tea:)

I really don't think Princess' is any better or any worse than RCI, Carnival, NCL etc

I think the quality of the iced tea is highly variable in the buffet area, and usually acceptable in the dining rooms.

I travel with a small supply of my favorite tea bags, just in case I cannot locate them quickly enough on board. The airlines, naturally, do not have any tea selection but Lipton and decaf.

Here are a couple of ideas to do if you want ice tea.

Sweet Tea: Order a pot of tea, and they will bring you a pot of hot water. Put some of the hot water in a cup and add sugar to dissolve, and add tea bags to the pot. Take bags out and add sugar water and you have sweet tea.

The other is to get a pitcher from the room attendent. Bring along Lipton Cold Brew and make a pitcher of tea if you tend to drink a lot. They also sell individual Lipton Cold Brew tea bags so you could make one glass at a time.

But be sure to leave a note NOT TO TAKE the pitcher so that you can make it everyday. Also leave a note not to take the pot that came that morning because you have tea in it for later.

Since this seems to be the only complimentary cold beverage on Princess after breakfast (except tap water:)), I was wondering: How's the Iced Tea?

Actually, I find it very good. Ice tea is all I drink when at home... 24/7. So, it's not as tasty as I make, but it's as good or better than I've had at some restaurants.

I do wish they would add punch and lemonade to their complimentary drink list.

Celebrity offers all three (hint hint) :D

Bucky - I hadn't even thought of bringing Crystal Light packets for my husband - thanks for bringing that up.

I like unsweetened ice tea - I always brew a cup and then pour it over ice - make sure you get a second glass of ice since the hot tea melts the ice quickly.

The two tea bag idea is great - I will try that in September.

I have brought on cruises those individual packets of 'drink' mixes.They come with 8 or 10 packages to a small box and come in a variety of flavors. I love the Raspberry Ice Tea and Raspberry Lemonade. You just dump the dry mix in a drink size bottle of water...shake and bingo.... a wonderful drink is made just that quick! Great for travel!

Archived