Carnival or RCCL?

coffeebeagle

Mea Culpa!

It was Grandeur of the seas. I have been looking at cruises until my head swam and I finally had it narrowed down to these 2. If you've ever worked 12 hour night shifts you will have a little sympathy on my HUGE mistake with the ships name and focus on the question between the 2 cruise lines. I am so sorry to have given this terrible misinformation in my first post and just ask for forgiveness and help.

Please.

I would go for the balcony on Carnival. Not that I am a huge Carnival supporter, but, if nothing else the cabin will be bigger. Other than that, let's face it, though everyone has his/her preferances all mass marketed lines are pretty similar. Why some people think RCI is so superior beats the heck out of me, but they sure do. These are the same people that rave about Celebrity, just good loyal RCI brand cruisers.

Nita

I dont think you can get a better value than carnival. we have sailed 4 time on them and enjoyed every one. but we just got off a RCI cruise and had a great time on that too. My point is either way you will have fun! Good Luck

I have cruised 5 times before. I have been on 3 Carnival cruises. But I have never been on a RCI (Royal Caribbean International) cruise. I heard they're supposed to be very, very fun with a lot to do. I also heard that they are overcrowded. This is kinda a turnoff for me. But still, in the future I would like to try a RCI cruise.

If You Do Not Live In The Us Or Canada Like Me Rccl Will Make Up Your Mind For You As You Can No Longer Book Through Us Ta;s Anymore So We Have To Use Uk Ta:s Who Charge $30 Per Person Booking Fee 2% Credit Card Fee $40per Person Ticket On Departure Fee And Around 20% More To Book With Them Anyway And If You Have To Cancel For Any Reason You Stand A Much Better Chance Of Winning A Arm Wrestling Contest With A Baboon Than Getting Any Of Your Money Back I Just Hope Carnival Dont Go The Same Way Or My Cruising Days Will Be Over

I have cruised on both Carnival and RCI. RCI has lot of extras however, after several cruises with them I realized that my kids were not utilizing any of the extras - they prefer to just hang at the pool all day. So we came back to Carnival - less expensive, better itineraries, and gives us what we want. And...I will always take a balcony over an interior, any day!! Have fun!

I have cruised 5 times before. I have been on 3 Carnival cruises. But I have never been on a RCI (Royal Caribbean International) cruise. I heard they're supposed to be very, very fun with a lot to do. I also heard that they are overcrowded. This is kinda a turnoff for me. But still, in the future I would like to try a RCI cruise.

Overcrowded for sure, and I find no more activities on RCCL than on Carnival.

CoffeeBeagle - If you're a coffee freak, go with Carnival.:D

If you've been on both lines, you know the cabins are larger, the food is much better, and there are more amenities available on Carnival ships....like comp espresso and cappuccino in the dining room w/all three meals each day! RCCL definitely doesn't offer that.

Hi Cotton--I agree with everything you say above. I prefer CCL also, entertainment, food, etc., fun, etc., Just wondering--you've been on two older RCCL's--have you considered a Radiance or Voyager class? We've been on the Radiance and the AOS twice and really liked them. Our upcoming Jewel is a sister to the Radiance with all the glass--should be nice.

Gary

:D Hi We've cruised on the Car Triumph & Conquest as well as RCI's Mariner of the Seas. While the Mariner was indeed a beautiful ship we think Carnival gives you the best deal for your dollars. We've booked an 8 day cruise on the Miracle next year for almost 300 dollars less per person than the 7 day trip on the Mariner. And oh by the way we also think that a balcony is the only way to go. I understand now how sailors fall in love with the sea. The views are breathtaking. Well have a great next cruise.

I thought the portion at dinner were real smallon RCCL. Yes you can order multiple entrees. I also thought the buffet was just average at best. Carnival buffet is much better. This is what bother me also. On RCCL if you want to order cappuccino, or espresso they charge you. It is not the $4.00 that bother me but it’s nickel and dimming you. Also at the formal night, on Carnival they come around with Hours Douvers (Ok I spelled it wrong). This made you feel like you were at a wedding or a real formal night. I can not understand how everyone seems to think RCCL is better. Please remember this is just one person’s opeion.

Never sailed RCCL, so I have nothing against them, but barring some extremely compelling offset, 'balcony' beats 'no balcony' hands down.

You are right about the balcony, we had one on the Spirit when we went to Hawaii and it was wonderful. But this time we did go with a window but only because we are going to Europe and with a $900.00 difference, we decided it was just not worth the extra expense. Since we are going to be staying in London before we said and Rome when we dock, I would rather use the money then.

Archived