For those who prefer Voyager class over Radiance class

I have only sailed RCI Radiance and interested in the AOS, always had a voyager ship on my list. I would like to hear your opinions from those who prefer the voyager class over the radiance class. TIA

We've been on Radiance class once and Voyager class twice. Each design is unique, offering different aspects of being on a ship. Radiance class has a lot of fans, especially veteran cruisers who do not care for large ships while Voyager class is very popular with people who started cruising later, on the large ships.

Personally, I like them both and would be fine with either of them. :)

I like both of them as they have things that the other doesn't. For example, I like the Windjammer outdoor eating space on the back of the Radiance class. I like the Royal Promenade on the Voyager class ships but to make a choice of which one that I like better would be the Voyager class. They felt less crowded to me and I liked the lay out better overall. You can't go wrong with either one.:)

I like both of them as they have things that the other doesn't. For example, I like the Windjammer outdoor eating space on the back of the Radiance class. I like the Royal Promenade on the Voyager class ships but to make a choice of which one that I like better would be the Voyager class. They felt less crowded to me and I liked the lay out better overall. You can't go wrong with either one.:)
Interesting......I also thought that Radiance had somewhat of a crowded feeling, maybe it was the layout of the ship....some public areas appeared to be very narrow.

We cruise with my inlaws. The "deal" is that we really only need to see them at dinner. On the Jewel I kept running into them at other times and having to make polite excuses not to join whatever they were doing. On Voyager and Explorer and Mariner, I only saw them at dinner.

Jewel is a lovely ship, and I'd cruise on her again if it was just DH and I, but it seemed too small for a family cruise if you don't want to spend A LOT of time with the family.

Been on Radiance and Seranade, Voyager and Explorer. Love them both for different reasons.

Radiance class - lots of glass, outside glass elevators, love the piano bar through the ship's hull by Chop's/Portofino's

Voyager Class - love the tier decks at the pool - always get on the first level and can see everything!. Love the Promenade, parades, ice shows, more room for Quest

Really love them both. Don't think you can go wrong. Next year we try Liberty! We did not feel crowded on either class, thougth both classes are laid out great. I love the gyms in both classes. Really, can't say anything bad about either one!!

We have sailed several time on both Radiance and Voyager class ships and you can't go wrong with either class. We felt crowded on the Freedom but were fine with both the Radiance and Voyager class ships.

On the Voyager ships the promenade is awesome when you first see it but after a few sailings it gets to be old hat. The ice skating shows are great. We love all the glass on the Radiance.

I like that the Voyager class solariums are open, allowing tanning! Radiance class keeps the roof closed, and I wasn't really happy with that set-up. I wanted to sunbathe away from the kids, but you cannot tan through that damn roof!

Many people are surprised that the giant Voyager class ships seem less crowded than the smaller Radiance class. The Voyagers have the lowest passenger count per sq. ft. than any mass market ship sailing now so that is not surprising.

We like both types and alternate.

I sailed on Radiance in May 2001 and Adventure of the Seas in December 2002. I personally prefer Radiance of the Seas. It is, in fact, my favorite ship I've ever sailed thus far in my 5 cruises (soon to be 6 in 6 weeks!). Radiance was far more laid back, intimate feel than Adventure of the Seas ever was. The Radiance for me was not crowded at all. Adventure of the Seas was just too big, but I did enjoy it. In fact, I'm going again on the Mariner. AOS was hustle and bustle. Then again, each cruise has its own personality even on the same ship.

We have sailed on Voyager, Adventure and Serenade and loved them all. WE will be on Radiance for 14 nights in six weeks and are looking forward to spending more time onboard for our second Alaska cruise along with the extra sailing days down the west coast to LA. I liked the Royal Promenade and roominess of the Voyager class ships but the Radiance class ship is so beautiful.

I love the Voyager class. I think I would miss the Royal Promenade, 3 tier dining room, ice rink (and shows) and other minor things. Thats why i choose voyager and freedom classes over any other class, and any other class in any other line for that matter.

You also would think that it would be crowded, but in 3 times of voyager class cruising, i have not really noticed out of control lines. they are a nice size, so much to do, i really feel im at home on the voyager and freedom classes.

Like everyone else, I enjoyed both Radiance and the Voyager class of ships. The only advantage I can see for a Radiance class is I thought the kids have a much better area to play than a Voyager class. There is a pool with a water slide and designated a larger area for the kids. Besides that, I would pick a Voyager class but IMO, the Freedom class is a step above Voyager. Not everyone agrees with this but (except for the Windjamer) Freedom class feels less crowed than Voyager and Radiance classes.

Radiance class is a "classier" ship but Voyager class has more to do for an adult. That's my opinion but like many have already said, you can't go wrong with either.

Good luck and happy sailings!

Archived