Buffet and Drink Questions

Hi-

I went on RCCL many years ago (about 10) and I was curious if they still have the midnight buffets or if this has changed? I was told on Carnival there would be, and then was dissapointed when there was only one and that at midnight it was just bad cookies and brownies. I just want to set myself up so that I am not dissapointed. I am going on Freedom of the Seas on 9/2. Also, is there a chocolate buffet one day?

Also, what types of drinks are free and what type do they serve in the dining room for free? When we were on carnival they had free lemonade and punch in the buffet area, but didn't serve free drinks other than iced tea and water with dinner.

Thanks for the help!!

Lemonade is also free in the dining room and in the Windjammer. Also, juice at breakfast is free.

Even though there are usually just 2 nights that have buffets you will never go hungry. There is the Promenade Cafe that is open 24 hours a day and has pizza and sandwiches, as well as cookies, fruit, and other goodies. It is my favorite place to have a late night snack and people watch. Of course, it you don't feel like leaving your cabin there is always 24 hour room service. Both room service and the Promenade Cafe are free, but don't forget to tip a dollar ot two for room service.

Lemonade is also free in the dining room and in the Windjammer. Also, juice at breakfast is free.

Even though there are usually just 2 nights that have buffets you will never go hungry. There is the Promenade Cafe that is open 24 hours a day and has pizza and sandwiches, as well as cookies, fruit, and other goodies. It is my favorite place to have a late night snack and people watch. Of course, it you don't feel like leaving your cabin there is always 24 hour room service. Both room service and the Promenade Cafe are free, but don't forget to tip a dollar ot two for room service.

Wow- That is definitely a step up from Carnival in terms of late night snacks. My husband and I can be night owls so having food at 3 a.m. and a variety (fruit....yummy) is a good thing.

Basically, water-based drinks are included. Lemonade, tea, coffee (not specialty coffee, tho!) milk and juice (juice in the AM). Soda is available at $1.50 per can (not unreasonable) or, if you're a BIG soda drinker, you can purchase a "soda card" for unlimited fountain drinks.

:( hi all

I was on ROS in mid feb (aka the diaster cruise after dry dock) we only had 1 mid night buffet for 7 day cruise. We stood in line for at least an hour and once we saw the food that was there (very questionable items with no labels stating what it was) we only had a few chocolate covered strawberries. Then had to order room service because the windjammer cafe was still under construction due to dry dock issues. The ice and fruit displays were very pretty though.

Archived