How cold is it on Transatlantic Crossing in November from Lisbon to Barbados?

kelleyfoto

How cold is it and what type of clothes do I bring for this crossing on the Windsurf. Are we talking hat, gloves, winter jacket to stand out on deck? How many days into the sail before the weather starts to get warmer?

:) We have made the Crossing 9 times out of Lisbon to either Barbados or St. Thomas and the weather improves daily. The first few days it is chilly but not real cold. By the time you pass Maidera it is swim suit time. A light jacket or sweater suffices.

This is a great cruise with many repeaters that do this year in and year out.:rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

When I did it, it was warm weather surprisingly out of Barbados for well into the second week. The last few days became chilly, with a light jacket required. When we arrived in Lisbon, it was hot in the city. Pack clothes that you can layer as needed. I also did a transatlantic this year on another ship, and it was calm waterwise all the way. Unbelievable. Again, just light jackets at the end. Have fun!

:) We have made the Crossing 9 times out of Lisbon to either Barbados or St. Thomas and the weather improves daily. The first few days it is chilly but not real cold. By the time you pass Maidera it is swim suit time. A light jacket or sweater suffices.

This is a great cruise with many repeaters that do this year in and year out.:rolleyes:

Thanks for the great information. It sure helps in planning what to pack and knowing approximately how many days it will be cool. I'm really looking forward to this trip. First time to Europe and first time transatlantic.

:) You will really enjoy this. Take things to do- books, puzzles,etc, as you and fellow passengers are "the" entertainment for each other. If you are planning to arrive in Lisbon a day or two early I can suggest a very nice Hotel, located right off the main Ave. Liberdade, which is within easy walking distance to th downtown shopping area. The name of the Hotel is Lisboa Plaza Hotel.:)

• 3 weeks later...
:) You will really enjoy this. Take things to do- books, puzzles,etc, as you and fellow passengers are "the" entertainment for each other. If you are planning to arrive in Lisbon a day or two early I can suggest a very nice Hotel, located right off the main Ave. Liberdade, which is within easy walking distance to th downtown shopping area. The name of the Hotel is Lisboa Plaza Hotel.:)

We already booked a hotel (Le Meridian) two days before the cruise. Any suggestions about where and how to go about seeing some sites. It will be myself and my daughter traveling together.

Have done this trip twice. Both times it was very warm from about the 3rd day. Didnt take cool enough clothes the first time. Most days everybody spent their time on deck absorbing the sun.

Thank you for the helpful information on what type of clothes to take. It is tricky trying to get the balance of warm weather clothes and cool weather clothes. Are the pools used much? How is the internet connection? Can you get phone connection? I've never gone transatlantic and I haven't a clue about these things.

:) Have stayed at the Le Meridian Hotel and enjoyed it very mjuch. It is located across from a beautiful Park which is a nice place to take a slow walk. If you walk down the hill you will tie into Ave. Liberdade which is the main Ave. leading to the Downtown shopping area. City Tours are available through your Hotel and there are many great things to see. Enjoy!

:) Have stayed at the Le Meridian Hotel and enjoyed it very mjuch. It is located across from a beautiful Park which is a nice place to take a slow walk. If you walk down the hill you will tie into Ave. Liberdade which is the main Ave. leading to the Downtown shopping area. City Tours are available through your Hotel and there are many great things to see. Enjoy!

Thanks for the info. I'm so looking forward to this trip. This is my first time to Europe and a first transatlantic crossing.

Sandy

Archived