*getting the most from your Aft wrap-around*

*IslandHopper*

I have a few questions for those of you who have stayed in an aft wrap-aound room: (I've never had one of these rooms before and I've heard a lot of good things about them.) I've seen the deckk plans, but would love to hear your opinions.

1. Is the air stuffy there? I've heard there is no wind back there. Not breezy at all? Will it get too hot?

2. Is there enough room to put 4 bags of luggage?

3. When is the best time to enjoy the balcony? Best for sunset views? Early morning coffee?

4. Is there any shade? Are there mini-fridges?

5. Can you see great views from the back of the boat and a little of the side of the ship?

6. Can you hear the people on deck 8 or deck 6 ?

I'm in 7440 on the Liberty. (sorry so many questions)

sign0092.gif

I had an 9A wrap on Victory so I can answer some of your questions.

1. The room is not stuffy. There is a little breeze once in a great while...it does get hot out there. Keep the drapes closed to keep the room cooler.

2. Yes

3. It's coolest out there in the morning. But the views anytime are great!

4. Very little shade. Victory didn't have a fridge....not sure about Liberty.

5. Yes....it wraps around to the side.

6. You're on Empress....you shouldn't hear anything unless you have extremely noisy neighbors.

Enjoy the balcony and your cruise!!!!

I was in 7440 on the Conquest in April and will be in 7440 on the Valor on the August 12 sailing.

1. We had a great breeze the whole time and spent alot of time on the balcony. We ate our breakfast their every morning and never felt that hot. We also sat out there every night before we went to bed to look at the stars. It was heaven.

2. There is alot of storage in this room plus you can store stuff under the bed easily.

3. See # 1.

4.There was shade depending on the time and the direction the ship was traveling. There are mini fridges but we took a collapsable cooler and had it filled with ice to keep stuff really cold.

5.We loved the views especially during sailaways from the ports. You can see quite a bit from the side also.

6.We could only hear other people when they were on their balcony also but not from in the room.

We liked that location so much we booked it again. Its close to the buffet and the aft pool and hot tubs. We didnt mind the walk at all to the front if the ship and the walk to the dining room was not that far.

The bed on the Conquest was centered under a huge window so when you woke up in the morning you would see the ocean first thing when at sea. You will not be disappointed.

I have a few questions for those of you who have stayed in an aft wrap-aound room: (I've never had one of these rooms before and I've heard a lot of good things about them.) I've seen the deckk plans, but would love to hear your opinions.

1. Is the air stuffy there? I've heard there is no wind back there. Not breezy at all? Will it get too hot? I never found the air to be stuffy. It got real hot the afternoon we left Belize; other then that it was never hot enough to keep us off the balcony!

2. Is there enough room to put 4 bags of luggage? I assume you mean to store it in the cabin? We have no problems storing ours under the bed. We unpack as soon as we get in the cabin, then stack our luggage inside each other and slide it under the bed.

3. When is the best time to enjoy the balcony? Best for sunset views? Early morning coffee?

We have great sail away parties on our! Sea days are great; nice and quiet, coffee in the morning, drinks in the evening.....we use it to gather everyone together before an excursion too.

4. Is there any shade? Are there mini-fridges?

The Glory has a fridge. Yes there is shade from time to time.

5. Can you see great views from the back of the boat and a little of the side of the ship?

Yes, the views are amazing and the corners wrap around so you can see down the side of the ship as well.

2144824760064948802S600x600Q85.jpg

2852614460064948802S600x600Q85.jpg

6. Can you hear the people on deck 8 or deck 6 ? We could hear music from the upper deck, but have moved up to the Empress for our next cruise.

I'm in 7440 on the Liberty. (sorry so many questions)

sign0092.gif

I think you will be pleased with your choice of cabins!

We had a aft cabin on the Victory in April for a family cruise. There were 18 of us who enjoyed our own private sail away party on the balcony. We also had our cabin steward bring us a lounge chair from the pool deck, which was great for sunbathing. You will not be sorry, and yes you will probably turn into an aft snob. We have.:)

Just to be safe,

ask them to make a note on your reservation:

"do not move or upgrade under any circumstances".

Hope you do actually get to occupy that room you booked.

Tell them you do NOT want an upgrade of any kind,

I will be on the Conquest in the exact same cabin... 7440 in 11 days!! I can't wait! If you have any questions... feel free to ask and I will look/find out for you!

Thanks so much! Are the cabins the same even if you are on a different ship? Come back and tell us all about it! There is a link to my roll call and you can post it there when you get back if you want to. I want to hear all about it.

Maybe we should start a forum for cabins 7440 and 7445. I for one am going to be taking advantage of 7440 on September 23 on the Valor.

Everyone!!!!!!!!!! take dozens of pictures. :D :D

Thanks,

Linda

:)

Well, after seeing all the people who have been, or WILL be, booked in these rooms, i may have to try to get one of them sometime!!:D

staying in an Oft cabin are you? You should be aware that Oft cabins are for a select few only...the "1%" if you will. Me? I stay in Oft cabins as a matter of course. You see, you have to be a special breed of human being to stay in an Oft cabin....I mean, theoretically, anyone can stay in an Oft Cabin, much in the same way that anybody who knows how do drive, technically can drive a Ferrari. The thing you have to ask yourself is, "Do I DESERVE to stay in an Oft cabin"...."Can I 'walk the walk' as they say (giggles like a little rich boy...wait, I am a little rich boy!! hee hee hee). Let me put it for you objectively: Do you make more than $850,000USD per year...wait: let me rephrase that "Have you made more than $850,000USD per year for at least the past 40 years ('old money' only I'm afraid, as its SO embarassing to watch New Money attempt to wear an Oft Cabin)?

Now that I'm eighteen years old my dad has upped my allowance so I can book the Owner's Suite (or equivalent thereof) whenever I cruise. But back when my allowance was $850,000/year I stayed in the Oft Cabin, and pulled it off rather nicely if I do say so myself.

cheers!:)

staying in an Oft cabin are you? You should be aware that Oft cabins are for a select few only...the "1%" if you will. Me? I stay in Oft cabins as a matter of course. You see, you have to be a special breed of human being to stay in an Oft cabin....I mean, theoretically, anyone can stay in an Oft Cabin, much in the same way that anybody who knows how do drive, technically can drive a Ferrari. The thing you have to ask yourself is, "Do I DESERVE to stay in an Oft cabin"...."Can I 'walk the walk' as they say (giggles like a little rich boy...wait, I am a little rich boy!! hee hee hee). Let me put it for you objectively: Do you make more than $850,000USD per year...wait: let me rephrase that "Have you made more than $850,000USD per year for at least the past 40 years ('old money' only I'm afraid, as its SO embarassing to watch New Money attempt to wear an Oft Cabin)?

Now that I'm eighteen years old my dad has upped my allowance so I can book the Owner's Suite (or equivalent thereof) whenever I cruise. But back when my allowance was $850,000/year I stayed in the Oft Cabin, and pulled it off rather nicely if I do say so myself.

Uhhh, i think you mean "Aft"?? are you for real?? Somehow, I think i just answered my own question!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Isn't it about time for you to be heading back to school??:D As in-Jr. High??:D

I just had this room on the Liberty in May, if you would like to email me and can send you pictures and tell you about the room. ldavison@twcny.rr.com

Linda

I like the little thing in your siggie that talks about looking like your passport photo! I have to say that my passport photo looks GREAT!! Unlike my DL photo!!:eek: :eek:

I was fortunate enough to have a corner cabin last August on the Glory, #7445... LOVED IT! Booked the cabin solely for that balcony. It was August, in the Caribbean, dodging hurricanes, so it was warm out there. But, I do not recall too many instances that it was too hot to enjoy.

The side of the balcony was "skinnier" than the portion off the back of the ship. The side was partially covered by the deck above, and I was able to find shade during parts of the day. The "aft" part of the deck was completely uncovered. Passengers standing on the decks above can look straight down at you. Since we were with a larger group, we had plenty of people keeping up with us! (from the aft pool on the Lido deck)

These large balconies make it easy to "meet your neighbors." You look down and literally have a conversation with the people under you, look to the side, and you can talk to the people next door! (I didn't find this balcony any different that the regular ones.. when leaving port, or before dinner, you always have neighbors to meet and converse with!) But you still have some privacy as well... probably NOT enough for nude sunbathing, or anything you want to keep to yourself!

We had plenty of storage space, probably 4 suitcases- at least! The room stewards are creative when it comes to stashing those bulky things!

Keep in mind, you sacrifice a few things with the corner cabins. We didn't have a mini fridge on Glory, but as someone else stated, we had a small cooler that our room steward was great about keeping filled with ice. We didn't have the sofa most balcony cabins have, but instead two arm chairs to go with the small table. And these were not REALLY sacrifices when you consider that BALCONY!!

The cabin is an awkward shape, and the bathroom door opened right into the balcony door.. that was "flawed," esp when you have a balcony full of people, and one or two trying to get into the bathroom.

Not one word of this review is negative, just a different spin on what to expect. I loved the cabin soo much, I booked the exact cabin on Holland America Oosterdam this past January... now THAT was a completely different experience! Unfortunately, we chose the absolute WORST week in the history of The Mexican Riviera to have that cabin.. the weather was horrible! Too cold and windy to be outside much! We were able to get one day to sunbathe and relax on our balcony, and it was worth it... I can imagine an entire week out there! That's what you call an AFT CORNER BALCONY SNOB! I love that phrase! I would book it again without thinking twice.

I had originally booked the aft corner cabin for January 2008, and changed to have an adjoining cabin with friends that are traveling the same week. Decided to have two balconies to open up together, AND not be on a different deck by myself! Otherwise, I would be in the wrap-around again.

Want more information, or pictures, let me know. I would love to share... DawndOnMe@aol.com

Archived