thanksgiving week, good week for singles, or full of kids...

newlu

Hi,

We are planning our annual women's trip, we have a choice between the week of November 10th, prior thanksgiving or November 17th (thanksgiving is the 22nd). Which week would be best, will there be tons of kids on thanksgiving week? Are there single people who travel on Thanksgiving week?

Thanks

PS we are looking at the Navigator, Liberty (I tried the Freedom and loved it) or the Mariner (but I have been on the Mariner also).

Thanks so much

newlu

yeah plenty of kids. My aunt brought her grandkids on a thanksgiving cruise last year on the navigator. She brought 6 kids with her and her kids. She said there were tons of kids on the sailing. and hey, schools on break for at least 3 days, so Vacation.

Simple rule of thumb, if kids will be out of school even one day during a week, there will be a whole lot more kids on that sailing than other ones. So definitely a lot of kids Thanksgiving week.

It's too bad you don't have the week immediately following Thanksgiving open. We sailed on Rhapsody at that time one year (before we had a child), and the crew told us that if you are looking for fewer children, that is one of the best weeks to go. The ship wasn't full at all, and we saw a total of 10 children during the 7 day cruise.

It's too bad you don't have the week immediately following Thanksgiving open. We sailed on Rhapsody at that time one year (before we had a child), and the crew told us that if you are looking for fewer children, that is one of the best weeks to go. The ship wasn't full at all, and we saw a total of 10 children during the 7 day cruise.

Yes I agree. And the week AFTER Thanksgiving is one of the cheapest times to travel. We did a cruise the week after Thanksgiving last year and we got it for a steal. And YES I did have my young children. But there weren't ALOT of kids onboard.

I know when we sailed Thanksgiving week on the Voyager a few years back, the CD said the number of kids cruising that week were the 2nd most in Voyager history! Of course, two of them were mine but it was amazing! Great time to cruise if you like kids!!!

I know when we sailed Thanksgiving week on the Voyager a few years back, the CD said the number of kids cruising that week were the 2nd most in Voyager history! Of course, two of them were mine but it was amazing! Great time to cruise if you like kids!!!

Did a back to back in the Caribbean last year,Jewel of the Seas,1 week thanksgiving,dreadful,never again,crowded and some teens just badly behaved,2 week back to normal.

we did a thanks giving on HAL, thought there wouldn't be as many kids on that ship....WRONG. Full of kids, my DH will NEVER do that again. We also did a Christmas cruise but brought our son on that one, It was for him and we expected a ton of kids, I don't think we will do that again either. Our next cruise is just after new years (JAN 05) I am hoping there will be fewer kids on that one. Love kids, have my own but when DH and I do our "alone time vacation" we prefer less children running around. The next one we book will be with our son but we will probably do it during school and let him make up the work when he gets back. He doesn't mind. Besides he is in advanced classes and stays on the honor roll, he deserves it.

Archived