Late Flight from Vancouver

jodiedew

Hi! I'm going on my first cruise in September from Whittier to Vancouver on the Sapphire Princess. The cruise finishes in Vancouver at 7:30 am, but my flight doesn't leave until 6:30. I've been to Vancouver before and loved it, but does anyone have suggestions on what to do with all our luggage? It doesn't seem like Princess will transfer our luggage without transferring people as well, so I don't think I can just stash my luggage somewhere any enjoy a few hours in Vancouver. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Welcome to CC. Review the posts on the first 3-4 pages of this Alaska board and your question was answered very recently- someone wanting to sightsee in Vancouver before their flight the next morning, so very similar. Yes, you can store your bags at the Pan Pacific hotel, sightsee, come back and get your bags then head to the hotel. Or use a company that gives you a sightseeing tour then brings you to the airport. Look for the threads, even use the "search" feature toward the top of the page.

John

You can also store your bags right at Canada Place and your ship may also offer an airline bag delivery program.

Allow 45 mins. for the cab ride and at least a 2 hour window at the airport. I used the airport last week and had to go through security/customs several times- stand by flight, and never had less than a hour in lines, Monday morning was 1 1/2 hours starting at 5:30 am- hordes of people. :(

Thanks so much! I didn't know you could store your bags at a hotel when you're not staying there. I did call the Canada Place terminal and they were really nice: bags can be stored for about $5.50 each for a 24 hour period, which seems good to me. Now if I can just figure out what I should do with only about 6 hours to enjoy.... :)

Thanks so much! I didn't know you could store your bags at a hotel when you're not staying there. I did call the Canada Place terminal and they were really nice: bags can be stored for about $5.50 each for a 24 hour period, which seems good to me. Now if I can just figure out what I should do with only about 6 hours to enjoy.... :)

Our cruise ended on 7/23 in Vancouver and on the bus ride to the airport - our driver was also a guide. It appears there is a lot to do in downtown that you can walk to if you stay downtown. The shopping and galleries looked terrific and I would like to go back. There is also some historic architecture downtown as well.

Archived