Adding a 4th Person AFTER Booking Cruise

Our party (3 people) are booked on the Sovereign for a 3 night cruise the end of August. My aunt, who will be in Orlando that week, suddenly decides she can go on the cruise with us after all (when we booked it initially, she couldn't go). I'm going to call the TA but I'm wondering if we can add her (she'll pay the difference) now. I'm going to call the TA but I just curious as to whether anyone else has experienced this. :)

Or will we have to cancel our reservation and re-book???!! :eek:

If so, auntie dear is out of luck not unless she books her own cabin. :D

if the rooms holds 4 people and if the cruise ship has room left. Even if your room has the ability to sleep 4 - the cruise ship may have too many people on there - but call and ask - can't hurt. And if they say no, call everyday - someone always cancels!

kathy

You can if your room is fit for 4 people. I did last year on the Mariner. We added an extra person because we booked onboard the Navigator, then added a person when I got home.

There is one caveat to this. Ship's have a maximum capacity which is actually less than the total berths on board. So even if there is a 4th bed available in their room, if the ship has reached maximum capacity, then they will not allow the 4th person to be added to the room.

The other thing is on the Sovereign, I'm not sure I would want to add a 4th person to a regular room - the room's are so small.

If she can't be added to the room, you might check to see what it would cost to just get a 2nd room.

Archived