Independence of the seas

kken67

I know how stupid this question is going to sound but anyway - Is the Independence finished yet and is there any chance it might not sail. Just read another thread not about this ship but it mentioned the ship sank in dry dock and was delayed sailing by a year!! Is this likely to happen to us, we have just booked for 26th July 2008 but havent a clue about cruisng so forgive daft questions

dont ask me, didnt understand the term in the first place lol, just want everything to be perfect, first cruise and rediculously excited already even though a year off. Should calm down shortly but then again maybe not!

Thanks Monkey, enjoyed that! Quite worrying really as i am a teacher and am sure i would have been very easily taken in by that one. What hope have my students got. Cant help it, being blond and dizzy is quite natural to me, think gullible should have been my middle name!

Thanks Monkey, enjoyed that! Quite worrying really as i am a teacher and am sure i would have been very easily taken in by that one. What hope have my students got. Cant help it, being blond and dizzy is quite natural to me, think gullible should have been my middle name!

kken;

I teach school too, and the fact that you asked the question is a sign of higher intelligence, and the desire to learn. I would want my children to have a teacher with those attributes.

Keep On Keeping On!!

That actually happened to the NCL Pride of America because we were booked to sail on her and she sank during a storm in Germany while being built. In service now but we did not sail her. Don't know it that's the ship referenced or not. This happened in January 2004.

The storm flooded the dock then? That's an awful lot of water.

No it had been floated but the construction was not complete (about 6 months away). I don't know all the marine terminology but just expressed a situation I was familiar with about a cruise ship sinking "in dry dock" and not sailing for another year.

Independence is the third in the series and the first two ships were completed and sailed on schedule. The shipyard has a good history of on-time completion so there is little or no reason to believe that Independence will be any different.:)

Archived