CELL SERVICE on AOS

Hey guys....leaving next Friday for AOS Southern Caribbean and we have SPRINT CELLUAR SERVICE...could any advise us first hand whether or not you were able to have cell service the entire time and if you had trouble at certain times or ports, what were those?

We are on the Barbados route...thanks so much!!!:D

We'll be on the ship the week before you - we're doing the Aruba route starting Sunday. We have Verizon and I'd like some info. about cell service as well. This is the first cruise we've taken without our son.

Oh my !! Have fun!!!:p ...we are taking our youngest but our other three are staying behind...hopeully you will get some answers as will I!

I'm not sure about Sprint. But, this is Verizon's policy...

Cruise Ship Services

Verizon Wireless Cruise Ship Services are now available, providing the ability to make and receive calls while traveling on select cruise lines for a low rate of $2.49 per minute. You'll enjoy global connections that make it easy to keep in touch while cruising on the select cruise lines.

We'll be on the ship the week before you - we're doing the Aruba route starting Sunday. We have Verizon and I'd like some info. about cell service as well. This is the first cruise we've taken without our son.

For Verizon, you need to make sure you have international dialing activated on your phone. We had to have it activated and then program our phones by dialing *228. Just call Verizon and they will help you out, we only activated my phone and DH phone, not DS. Here is a link that should help you http://mobileoptions.vzw.com/international/roaming/rates/Mexico.html

I have AT&T (Cingular) and I was able to use my phone as normal service on St Thomas, St. John and in San Juan, Puerto Rico, with no additional charges at all. Did not use my phone on the boat at sea, so can't help you there.

I Was Off Aos Last Sunday, We Carried Our Verizon Phone, It Didnt Work On The Cruise, Only In The Islands, And Only For Incoming Calls. Anyway Our Carrier Is In Puerto Rico, Not From The States, Maybe That Was The Issue.

Archived