Flight from LAX to AKL - meals

This might be a silly question, but my DD was worried that they wouldn't feed us on the flight to Auckland and I told her she was nuts. That's a 12 hours flight (and that doesn't include the 3 hours early at the airport and travel time to and from). Then I went on their website and it says "MEAL - NO". We are leaving on the 9:30 pm flight arriving at 7:30 am. I realize that is "sleep" time BUT that is a long time to go without a meal - especially for a 3 year old and people that have medical conditions.

So, my question is this... from anyone who's taken the Air New Zealand flight LAX to Auckland - then back from Sydney to LAX, what is the meal service on these flights?

Hi

I am sure that is a mistake on the website. Normally you would get a dinner/late supper type meal after you take off and then a breakfast before landing. Bar service is available throughout the flight and they FA's come through the cabin with water frequently throughout the flight.

I had a flight on Air New Zealand in March of last year and we were served dinner and breakfast both going and coming. I haven't really liked airline food the few times that I have flown (before they stopped serving meals) and I found that I enjoyed the meals on Air New Zealand.

Of course they will feed you!

I haven't flown Air New Zealand myself, but this page on their website will give you a taster. The pattern that I'd expect on Qantas flights would be bar service and hot main meal soon after departure, and a smaller second meal shortly before arrival, with snacks of various sorts also available between meals. I would expect that Air New Zealand's service pattern would be similar to this.

I have returned from a flight LAX to AKL in May this year.

The website did indeed say breakfast only. Of course I believed them and we ate a meal at the airport prior to the flight.

What do you know... about an hour into the flight out comes the meals.

So, yes, I can assure you a late dinner and breakfast are included.

Linda

• 2 weeks later...

We are considering the Cruise from Sydney back to Los Angelas after our Hawaii Cruise , 2008, and was told for that long flight, to be sure and walk around. My one question for those flying from California, what was the average price, and which Airline would you recommend. Thank You

\ My one question for those flying from California, what was the average price, and which Airline would you recommend. Thank You

Funny you should ask. We got booked on ANZ quite a few months ago for a RT (LAX - AKL and back SYD - AKL - LAX) for just under $1200. We chose ANZ, not only because of the lower price, but also because the seat pitch (front of seat to front of seat) is an additional 3" Anyway, two days after we had booked the two couples we are traveling with booked at just under $1200. Being the anal person that I am, I keep checking to see if we got a deal or not. Right now the same itinerary is just under $1900. The whole point of this being, just keep your eyes peeled and grab a deal when you see it.

Hello, your only a few hours from us here in So Calif, and what I noticed, was the actual cruise was fabulous, but the Air fare was the big catch. I want so much to do thsi cruise for DH as that is his dream trip. How we will manage with the Hawaii Cruise coming up I don't know, but will try my best. Thank you

Your're so right about airfare. I originally booked @ sea while on the Princess Coral in November @ the rate of 1399. 3 weeks afterwards, it went up to 1,599.

That's is really a big chunk of the trip. But, because it is an experience of a lifetime, it will be worth it.

PinkSuit

Arizona a belated thank you for the information. I did a check yesterday for later next year and came up with around $ 1300 for two. Now that is do able. There is hope yet, I am really trying to plan this so I can start saving. We won't be able to do that cruise before 2010.

Arizona, actually the Woodman is part of my maiden name. I was born in Rhode Island and our parents moved us out to So Calif to Palm Springs as result of gentle coaxing from a classmate of our fathers, in medical school.

( Woodmansee). I wish I could now change my screen name to something catchy. I have had no desire to move, love it here. What is Bonny Doon near.

I found it

Gay- So Calif

Archived