EOS: Hump Balcony & Booking Questions

jdarch

Hi- Sorry to double post but we placed this inside another large thread and were afraid it would get lost. Question: We've cruised Celebrity/Azamara to Bermuda the past two summers. As many know, that's all changed and in looking for options, we started looking into larger ships. We've been HUGELY impressed with folks reactions to the Explorer. Some opinions if you would?

- I like being midships, so we're looking at booking a hump balcony (maybe deck 7); some folks say these are great spots (yes?) - convenient, but aren't they pretty noisy being by the elevator? Any other deck thoughts?

- We have been generally happy booking thru online agent; ours guaranteed the lowest rate available when you make your final payment (we were refunded over $1K for our Journey trip!). If we book thru RCCL now, and prices change, will they readjust your cost?

- We're been spoiled by 3.5 days in Bermuda, any major disappointments in the 1.5 day trip? I'm guessing Explorer experience is worth the trade...hm-maybe I just answered my own question.:o

Thanks for your thoughts! JDarch

Hi,

I went on the Bermuda cruise last year, the Explorer is a wonderful ship with a wonderful crew.

The hump rooms are behind a wall that doesn't show up on floor plans so you don't get any elevator noise. We were in 8328

RCCL does not allow TA to discount their cruises so prices will be the same across the board. RCCL will lower the fare if it drops as long it is not a promotion for new bookings only.

Click on the link in my signature for pictures.

We loved Explorer--she's a real beauty! We sail more for the ship, than the ports, so I can't comment on you itinerary--I've never wanted to go to Bermuda--I prefer something farther south!

Hump cabins are coveted because of their convenience. That's my favorite location! And like the previous poster said, elevators and stairs ARE NOT a problem! That's why the humps are so nice!

Archived