Silly question about Roll Calls

simonmary

I know this has probably been addressed before, but I couldn't find it.:confused:

What, exactly, is a Roll Call?

How/why/when would you start one?

The last (only) cruise we have been on was in 95, and boards like these weren't in our vocabulary!

Should I wait to see if'n somebody starts one, or do you just jump in? Here or in the Roll Call section.

I am SO confused. (Big shock, I know)

A roll call is like getting out a megaphone, standing on top of your house (so everyone in the world can hear you) and shouting "hey, I'm on the Seabourn Pride leaving from Barbados on November 17, is anyone else on my cruise???!!" And then people answer you ("yes I'm on your cruise, my name is Pete", "no I'm not on your cruise and please get down from that rooftop, it's three in the morning"), etc. It's a way of finding out who among all the posting CruiseCritic folks....might be on the same cruise as you. You can see them on this board (Seabourn) and other cruise lines, and then there is a complete section dedicated to Roll Calls, as well.

Like that!

Jane :rolleyes:

I just wanted to add that on the larger ships such as the mega ships many times there are so many people on board from Cruise Critic that there are specail roll call boards on Cruise Critic that are categorized by the major cruise lines and within those boards are threads for many of the sailings. On ships such as Sebourn or other small to say medium size ships the roll call is usually started on a board like this one. We have organized some of these before on both Seabourn and Crystal and have met some very special people who we hope to sail with again. We would set a date/location/time to meet early on in the cruise so we could meet our fellow Cruise Critic members and then that would provide opportunities to continue to socialized throughout the cruise.

Keith

I just wanted to add that on the larger ships such as the mega ships many times there are so many people on board from Cruise Critic that there are specail roll call boards on Cruise Critic that are categorized by the major cruise lines and within those boards are threads for many of the sailings. On ships such as Sebourn or other small to say medium size ships the roll call is usually started on a board like this one. We have organized some of these before on both Seabourn and Crystal and have met some very special people who we hope to sail with again. We would set a date/location/time to meet early on in the cruise so we could meet our fellow Cruise Critic members and then that would provide opportunities to continue to socialized throughout the cruise.

Keith

I think I will take my courage in hand, and give it a go.

Me, Me, Me, Me (warming up the ol' pipes)

TRADITION! TRADITION!!!!!

Sorry, the only thing I could think of doing on top of a roof. Well, that, and HEEELP, I'm stuck on a roof. But, I like the musical idea more than a panic-stricken one!

Thanks again.

Simonmary......for the "official" Roll Calls go to

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/ (the first page of Cruise Critic)

Scroll down to "ROLL CALLS"

Click on All other Cruiselines (or something like that)

Up the top of the page is a drop down menu with "select a ship"....scroll down till you find the ship you are sailing on........and fill out the details!

VOILA! :D

Simonmary......for the "official" Roll Calls go to

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/ (the first page of Cruise Critic)

Scroll down to "ROLL CALLS"

Click on All other Cruiselines (or something like that)

Up the top of the page is a drop down menu with "choose your ship"....scroll down till you find the ship you are sailing on........and fill out the details!

VOILA! :D

So, I put it there and here? There, not here? Here, not there? And, here I thought I had it figured out. Back to the confusion table for me. :rolleyes:

As I mentioned in my post, you can always start a thread on the Seabourn board for the Seabourn cruise you will be on (a "roll call") to find out if anyone else will be on your cruise.

There also is a dedicated page for Roll Calls. As most of the people who cruise on Seabourn are on the Seabourn board...that's where I post my roll calls. No need for confusion!

Jane :D

Archived