Overnight/Tour Hunter Valley

nutella2

Ideally we would like to do a tour of the Hunter Valley and stay overnight close to a vineyard. Could anyone suggest a tour company that might do this?

Could we easier do this on our own?

We are looking at Dec 28-29. I'm worried about bookings.

Thanks.

Ideally we would like to do a tour of the Hunter Valley and stay overnight close to a vineyard. Could anyone suggest a tour company that might do this?

Could we easier do this on our own?

We are looking at Dec 28-29. I'm worried about bookings.

Thanks.

Hi,

I live approx 30 mins away, and like to visit a winery or 2 each year and have a liking for several Hunter Valley reds.

I think a self tour is possible.

Hunter Valley is a large area. Do you have other specific interests you want to see? Newcastle is approx 1hr away, and Nelson Bay\Port Stephens is approx 1 1\2 hours away.

Just in the vineyards district attractions are:

Hunter Valley Gardens

Balloon flights

Lots of wineries

If you are travelling from Sydney, the trip is not particularly hard. Pick up a rental from Sydney for your travels. Some have Sat Nav, and much of the 90 minute drive is in Freeway conditions. There will be heaps of info for a self tour from the local tourist info centre. You then have the choice of picking up local tours, or driving around at your pace. The downside to doing it yourself is that frequent wine tasting & driving do not mix.

Try this link for extra info.

A local bus company has been running tours there for years. They have options including travel from Sydney. Their link

My personal favourite accomodation is The Hermitage, which has a wonderful Italian restaurant attached. Link

LMK if you want any more info. As always, the sooner the better with bookings. I think there will still be plenty of tours & accommodation available at the moment.

Cheers

Geoff

Archived