What have you ever forgotten?

Copper_beeches

Thank you everyone for your input. I found the collapsible laundry basket at Walgreens today for $2.50. It has gone in my 'cruise pile' and I can't wait to use it. I am in trouble with my mom, because I did not get one for her. Guess I am headed back to Walgreens tomorrow.

the night before the cruise I changed purses and remembered to put all the passports and Ids and tickets in the new purse. Halfway through the cruise I remembered that I didn't see my permanent resident (alien green card) in my purse. Sure enough I left it at home! When we got to port at the end of our trip I was detained for two hours while they decided whether or not to let me back in the country! My husband and kids just stood around waiting to see what would happen. There were lots of phone calls made of course it was a Sunday so not that many people who could make decisions were around. Finally they allowed me back in but I had to pay a $300.00 fine for not having my green card with me at all times.Needless to say my family has not let me live this one down.

when getting off the Voyager last November, my wife picked up our passports off the piano (We had done the pier upgrade to the RS, it was great!). Anyway when we got to the Immigration desk, my passport was missing!!!!

I ran in a panic back to the ship, explained to the security personnel at the gangway what had happened and they let me back on the ship. Went back to our room, and there was my dark blue passport, laying on the dark wood piano.

Needless, to say, I take care of my passport from now on.

Mark

We forgot to take ....... the kids !

Well not really. Our first cruise was our first holiday alone without the kids as they had reached that age where we could leave them 'home alone'. We had a great time, but there's always that worrying feeling about whats happening back home ......

Of all the things I have lost . . .

. . . I miss my mind the most.

Actually, my DW once packed my baggage for an overseas flight (I was in the Air Force at the time and on my way to a remote assignment) and forgot to pack any uniforms, they all ended up in my air freight shipment which took a month.

My DH packed his suit to wear on formal night on our 3-day Nassau cruise, and then discovered that he had forgotten to bring a white shirt. After checking the prices in the local men's store, we decided to rent one from the shop on board. All they had was a tuxedo shirt, so for $12 we took it. Back in the room, DH put on the shirt and his tie, and decided it looked weird, so back to the rental shop and for $2.50 he got a bow tie. That worked just fine - much better than the $79 he would have had to spend to buy a new shirt.

Slinkie

Silly me, I forgot my hangers with my formal night dresses. And realized it as we were unpacking and watching Ft. Lauderdale fade in the distance! Fortunately my stepfather was sweet and got the dresses from my house and FedEx'ed them to St. Thomas. I was very lucky and still very silly!:rolleyes:

We went on a 7-day cruise of the Western Caribbean on the RCCI Explorer to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary, and I was in charge of all the arrangements. My DH had only two responsibilities -- packing himself and getting cash in advance. He forgot to get cash - which was quickly remedied at the atm on board.

The other item he forgot was not so readily available. He is an avid exerciser, and he forgot his running shoes. He only had sandals with him. He looked a little silly on the treadmills in sandals and socks....we tried every port and on ship, and could not find a single pair of sneakers for sale.

He'll never forget them again!

Not mine but a member of our group.

The 3 of them had the birth certificates together on the car seat. They fell off the seat, they gathered them up (with other paperwork). Well one of them fell under the seat. Before leaving for the cruise, they put the car in the garage for repairs while they were gone.

So they had to get a friend at home to get the garage to open up, a friend to pick it up, a call to a friend at a FED_EX office (store was almost closing).

Over-Nighted and arrived by 10am the day of departure in Texas.

THANK YOU FED EX!!!

Lesson:After you get in the car to go on your cruise, have someone else check the documents. Don't just assume because you have the bag of documents.

I forgot my slip so when we arrived in St. Lucia, we managed to find our way to a "department" store. This was an experience all by itself of trying to ask the natives of where we could buy one. We finally found our way and ended up in an area of no tourists, at all. Got into the store to find a very, very small section of lingerie in which I was able to pick out what resembled a slip. It turned out to be a really funny thing with legs in it and such...very weird to say the least but I thought it would do the job. So I go to pay for it and they don't take credit cards. They direct us to a bank to exchange some money and they are closed for lunch. So we wait around for it to reopen while we are getting stared at excessively. Bank opens, we exchange the money, back to the store and bought the slip. Never again!

Cruise Diva has a packing list for each member of the family and it has items on there that I would never have thought of! www.*************** Great website!! Will definately help with the packing. She even has a list that is broken down into days. For example:

Monday:

At sea

Bathing suit and coverup

Casual outfit, top and shorts

Formal night, black strapless gown

Tuesday:

St Thomas

Shorts and top with sneakers

Casual night, slacks with white top

And so on....

Very good site! Try it out~

• 2 weeks later...

On our honeymoon cruise last year, I forgot razors. I didn't think hairy legs was the statement I wanted to make so I found a drug store in San Juan and bought some.

On that same cruise, I didn't really forget this, but I didn't pack very many clothes. I figured there would be plenty of shopping opportunities. However, when we hit the big mall in San Juan, I was pretty alarmed to see that they had sweaters, jeans, and mittens out and no shorts! (It was the first week of Dec). I ended up wearing clothes twice until we hit the V.I. Who would have thought?

Oh gosh I almost died the 2nd night of our cruise on the Pride...formal night...I brought black shoes with me to match my dress...

BLACK SHOES FROM 2 DIFFERENT PAIRS

.....I almost died......

Saving grace was that my gown was long....but walking was a trick ;)

Too funny!!!

On our recent trip on the Explorer I forgot my shaver.

I cleaned and fully charged it the night before in readiness and then...here's the daft bit...I shaved in the morning, before going to the airport, packed my shaver neatly away and left it on the bathroom window sill.

I bought the cheapest shaver I could find at the airport and spent 2 weeks `ripping` my chin apart. Ouch!!!

It seems pretty common for everyone to forget the garment bag that is packed and hanging in the closet. We did that too, in May. It had all of DH pants and shirts. The poor man rented some tuxedo pants on board and wore them every night at dinner without a jacket. He bought shirts on board but they did not fit so he returned those and bought some in CZM.

The nice thing is that NCL never charged us for the rental of the Tux pants.

I guess you must put the garment bag with the suitcases, to remember to take it.