Holiday Inn Kensington?

jspirit

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Kim,

The Promo code I've used is P38JAS for the January Sale. It may be the code to use on the german version of the Hilton site. From a UK newsletter, I received the code P37JAS. Try both and hope that one works for you. BTW, on the Hilton site you can only get the 50% for weekend nights. Without using the codes at all, I received the 50% prices for a Sunday - Wednesday stay at the Hilton Hyde Park (May 17-20) on the website of hotelclub. Similar pricing on the "big 3" websites. Good luck and please report if it works!

I'm sure glad that I read this thread...you saved me over 100 GBP. I had booked the lovely looking Searcy's Rooftop Garden at 110 GBP/night....and when I saw your suggestion...took a look at the Hilton....booked the Hilton Kensington at 57.50 GBP/night...quite a savings. As much as the Searcy's looked really special...in these economic times..one has to be practical..especially since with our sinking Canadian dollar and my trip being in US dollars..the price of the trip keeps going up every day!!

Tip for others...when you go to the Hilton site...they advertise their 50% off special...so just click on it and it will give you a choice of hotels to review....the special savings code comes up automatically.

Thank you very much for posting the special.

Joyce :D

I'm sure glad that I read this thread...you saved me over 100 GBP. I had booked the lovely looking Searcy's Rooftop Garden at 110 GBP/night....and when I saw your suggestion...took a look at the Hilton....booked the Hilton Kensington at 57.50 GBP/night...quite a savings. As much as the Searcy's looked really special...in these economic times..one has to be practical..especially since with our sinking Canadian dollar and my trip being in US dollars..the price of the trip keeps going up every day!!

Tip for others...when you go to the Hilton site...they advertise their 50% off special...so just click on it and it will give you a choice of hotels to review....the special savings code comes up automatically.

Thank you very much for posting the special.

Hi Joyce,

You are certainly welcome! Glad it helped! I am the original "bargain hunter" - and we leave New York on Tuesday, bound for Honolulu ... one of my great finds at $292 per person round-trip fare incl. taxes etc.on United Airlines:D

Hi Joyce,

You are certainly welcome! Glad it helped! I am the original "bargain hunter" - and we leave New York on Tuesday, bound for Honolulu ... one of my great finds at $292 per person round-trip fare incl. taxes etc.on United Airlines:D

Wow..great airfare....it's nice to get a bargain isn't it!! Best I did was a non-stop Vancouver-Ottawa (1 way)...final price $100CAD...I only needed a 1-way so it was perfect.

Have a great time in Hawaii!!

Tenerife Sharon-

I ended up booking the London Hilton on Park Lane fo a very good rate.(50% off)

Fellow cc members , check out expedia.com for rates on this hotel $227 for King Executive room with full breakfast and access to executive lounge.

thanks for the tip.

I ended up canceling the Renaissance Chancery , which i know is a much cooler hotel , but this hotel is better located for me and the executive perks will be great.

Kim

• 5 months later...
However, depending on what we find once we're in, this really could be the last time we stay there and/or recommend the hotel. So my advice to them would be that they give me a really nice room. A Club floor room at no additional cost even. ;)

Well, we got a sh1t room (a twin when we booked a double) and a surly and mostly unhelpful clerk when I went back down to try and sort out what we were supposed to get. We won't be staying at the Gloucester again.

I've stayed in the Forum three times and would not hesitate to do so again. being a modern hotel it's air conditioning is far more effective than in some of the older hotels and that is a huge plus whilst staying in London in the summer. It is in a great location, easy to reach all the main sights but also convenient for Heathrow and Kew Gardens too.

We've stayed at HI Forum in S. Kensington numerous times since late 1980s and love the location. Rooms are more than adequate - we generally only sleep there. We see two, sometimes three, plays a day and spend time at National Gallery, museums, river cruises etc.

In May Piccadilly tube line was down for several hours one day so we were glad we could use Circle, District lines to get to Gloucester Road tube station near Forum.

Archived