Pinnacle Grille question

luckysadie

Then when your monthly statement comes in, take it along with you as proof that you have made the reservations.
I did that ... and it cut no ice at all with the P.G. maitre d' on the Westerdam because it didn't specifically say "Pinnacle Grill", just HAL. When one reservation didn't get passed correctly, I still had to pay an additional fee and finally get a refund about 6 weeks after getting home. And before someone jumps in and says "didn't you print the confirmation email?": the reservation was made by phone. :(

jtl513

We used to make our reservations by phone as well and had trouble only 1 time. We had our concerige contact HAL in Seattle to clear it up. She actuqally turns over this information to the front desk and they took care of everything.

We weren't in a suite, so of course I went to the front desk. They said they would "have to check with Seattle". But, by the end of the 10 days, they were still insisting that I had only paid for one person, not two.

When you book reservations online, do I have to make a reservation for each person in the cabin or just one person? This is the first time I've done this online.

Thanks.

You can print out a receipt after you make the purchase on-line. It will list it as "Pinnacle" along with the price. It has the HAL logo on it so I don't see how they could try to dispute it.

I have web site receipts for everything that I've purchased. Wine, birthday things, etc.

Oh ... you will also get a comfirmation e-mail from HAL.

We are thinking of booking the Pinnacle Grill on the Westerdam cruise Oct 28. But I can not find it online on how to book reservations. The only way I have seen how to do it is through a gift buy. Would appreciate any help.

Thanks

We are thinking of booking the Pinnacle Grill on the Westerdam cruise Oct 28. But I can not find it online on how to book reservations. The only way I have seen how to do it is through a gift buy. Would appreciate any help.

Thanks

That's exactly where you do it. After you click on the Pinnacle link in the gifts area, it will ask you to sign in. The next page will list everyone on your booking. Just check the names you want to make the reservation for and continue from there.

It is my understanding that the actual time and date of the dinner at PG can't be set online, you can basically only pre-pay for the reservation and then set it once you actually board the ship. Is this wrong?

When I reserved mine, I was able to pick the date ... but, it defaulted to 6pm. I was going to call HAL and see if I could change the time to around 8pm. Just haven't gotten around to doing that yet.

When I reserved mine, I was able to pick the date ... but, it defaulted to 6pm. I was going to call HAL and see if I could change the time to around 8pm. Just haven't gotten around to doing that yet.
I was told that because 7:00p to 8:00p are such popular times you have to go see the maitre d'hotel when you get on board to get those.

Also holiday dates won't be listed.... I had asked HAL about this as I wanted to reserve Christmas Day Dinner. Was told that the only way to do the holidays was onboard. Don't buy their arguments about too many people want that.... isn't this the point about doing a reservation and doing it early. I would actually think that having advanced reservations and advanced money would be the most helpful.

On the other hand if this is the only thing that ends up annoying me about our upcoming cruise than I can live with that ;)

We always go directly to the Pinnacle Grill after we board and have lunch. Have never had a problem making a reservation or getting the time we want when we do it that way. Of course, a holiday meal might be a different story.

You have lunch in Pinnacle Grill on Embarkation Day on all your cruises, Carol? That never occured to us. Hmmm, maybe we'll see about that..... especially for our turnaround day on our upcoming Maasdam cruises.

You have lunch in Pinnacle Grill on Embarkation Day on all your cruises, Carol? That never occured to us. Hmmm, maybe we'll see about that..... especially for our turnaround day on our upcoming Maasdam cruises.

I may be wrong, but I don't think the P.G. is ever open for lunch on embarkation day. I believe what Carol was saying was that "We always go directly to the Pinnacle Grill {to make reservations} after we board and have lunch {in the Lido} ."

Archived