Sovereign of The Seas vs Magesty of the Seas

I'm looking @ booking a cruise in Jan.... Looking for info on Sovereign of the Seas & Magesty of the Seas. One out of Canaveral the other Miami. I've cruise out of Port Canaveral with no Problems embarking or diembarking.

Also, Compare the two ship... New to Royal Caribbean but want to give them a shot.

Majesty is a sister ship, so the ships are almost identical, its just the extra stop, I think on the 4 day Iv read on Majesty.

Folks even say if you want to see the view in your cabin on deck 8, cat I, obstructed, look at either ship's pictures and the view will be the same.

The Majesty is going to be in better overall shape due to her recent revitalization. I have been on both ships and there is not a lot of difference. Cabins are the same. Both have the same dining facilities with the exception of the Compass Deli that was added to the Majesty.

I like the four night itinerary on the Majesty much better due to the stop in Key West verses the sea day on the Sovereign. For the three night cruise, I like the Sovereign better as she stops in Nassau on Saturday where the Majesty stops on Sunday when many of the local places are closed. I also like sailing out of Miami over PC.

We just got off Majesty about two weeks ago and she is WONDERFUL!!!. We have sailed Sovereign three different times and we love her but like the Majesty even more. The refurb makes her very much like Sovereign BUT the refurb of the Windjammer and the addition of Johnny Rockets, Compass Deli, and Sorrentos is MUCH nicer on Majesty than Sovereign. One of the staff told us they learned some things on the refurb of Sovereign that allowed them to do different on the Majesty. We like this layout very much.

The staff of Sovereign is one of the best on the seas but the Majesty staff is SECOND to NONE. They are GREAT!!!

As far as ports go, we like to sail out of PC due to the ease of getting in and out. The view of watching Miami get smaller as you sail away is AWESOME. There is no better scenery than sailing from Miami.

Debarkation is another story. We walked across the gangway at 8:50 am to get off Majesty and it was 10:30 before we had our bags and was in the parking lot. The debarkation was the worst EVER. There were several non-US citizens on our sailing and don't know if this slowed down customs or not (sorry, not complaining about non-cit, just complaining about the lack of speed). The lady working for RCCL in the hall while we were waiting stated, "If you think this is bad, you should be here when we disembark Freedom and Liberty. It is longer then." This has us concerned as we were considering either of those ships next year.

You will not go wrong with either ship but our new favorite is definitely the Majesty!!!

Tim & Crystal

Archived