Tipping/Gratuities

Onboard Extras

Are laundry services provided?

Can my friends and family contact me on the ship?

Do you offer drink packages?

How can I get copies of the pictures I bought onboard?

How do I call home from the ship?

How do I pay for onboard purchases?

What are gratuity guidelines for cruises?

Are laundry services provided?

Self-Service Laundry facilities are not provided onboard any Royal Caribbean International ships; however, full laundry and dry cleaning services are provided :

SHIPBOARD LAUNDRY SERVICE

* All prices are in US. Dollars and are subject to change without notice.

MEN WOMEN

Shirt/T-Shirt: $2.50 Blouse: $3.50

Shirt (dress): $3.00 Dress (wash): $5.00

Underwear: $1.20 Skirt: $3.50

Jeans: $3.00 Nightgown: $3.00

Pajamas: $4.00 Swimsuit: $2.00

Handkerchif: $0.75 Slip: $2.50

Shorts: $2.50 Housecoat: $3.50

Bathrobe: $3.50 Hosiery: $3.50

Pants (wash): $3.50 Slacks: $3.50

Sweatshirt: $3.00

Socks: $1.00

PRESS ONLY - 50% of cleaning prices SHIPBOARD DRY CLEANING SERVICES * All prices are in US. Dollars and are subject to change without notice.

MEN WOMAN

Suit: $7.00 Evening Gown: $8.00

Pants: $4.25 Dress $7.00

Jacket: $4.50 Silk Blouse: $5:00

Sweater: $4.00 Silk Dress: $8.00

Coat: $7.00 Skirt $4.50

Tie: $2.00 Suit: $7.50

Shirt: $3.50 Blouse: $4.00

Shorts: $3.00 Scarf: $2.50

Vest $2.50

Silk Pajamas: $4.50

PRESS ONLY - 50% of cleaning prices Please note: We do not provide irons in the staterooms as they constitute a fire hazard.

Can my friends and family contact me on the ship?

Your friends and family can contact the ship by calling (888) 724-SHIP [(888) 724-7447]. Or from outside the U.S. they can call (732) 335-3285. The cost is $7.95 USD a minute, and can be charged to their American Express®, MasterCard®, Visa®, Discover® or Diners Club®. From outside the U.S. additional long distance charges will also apply.

Do you offer drink packages?

To make your vacation more convenient, we offer an Adult and Kids Soda/Juice Package as stated below.

ADULT FOUNTAIN SODA/JUICE PACKAGE

This package entitles guests 18 years of age and older to unlimited consumption of fountain sodas (no cans) and juices at all bars and lounges, Windjammer, Dining Room and Private Destinations (CocoCay and Labadee). This package is available for purchase on the day of embarkation at all bars and lounges and may be charged to your SeaPass account. After this package has been purchased, a sticker will be placed on your boarding card allowing you to consume fountain sodas (no cans) and juices throughout your cruise. A complimentary Coca Cola souvenir cup is included as part of the package.

Juices that are included in this package are orange juice, grapefruit juice, pineapple juice and cranberry juice. Juices are complimentary for all guests during breakfast.

The cost of the package is $6.00 per person, per day, and is applicable to the total days of the cruise vacation. A 15% gratuity charge will be added.

Please note: The fountain soda / juice package is only available for the total amount of days of the cruise and prices are subject to change without notice.

KIDS FOUNTAIN SODA/JUICE PACKAGE

This package entitles our younger cruisers (guests 17 years of age and younger) to unlimited consumption of fountain sodas (no cans) and juices at all bars and lounges, Windjammer, Dining Room and Private Destinations (CocoCay and Labadee). This package is available for purchase on the day of embarkation at all bars and lounges and Adventure Ocean and may be charged to your SeaPass account. After this package has been purchased, a sticker will be placed on your boarding card allowing you to consume fountain sodas (no cans) and juices throughout your cruise. A complimentary Coca Cola souvenir cup is included as part of the package.

Juices that are included in this package are orange juice, grapefruit juice, pineapple juice and cranberry juice. Juices are complimentary for all guests during breakfast.

The cost of the package is $4.00 per person, per day, and is applicable to the total days of the cruise vacation. A 15% gratuity charge will be added.

Please note: The fountain soda / juice package is only available for the total amount of days of the cruise and prices are subject to change without notice.

How can I get copies of the pictures I bought onboard?

Image Photo Services operates the photo department onboard all Royal Caribbean ships. For additional copies of photographs from your last cruise, call (800) 772-3470 or (305) 476-3666, e-mail customerservice@imageservices.com , or write:

c/o Image Photo Services, Inc.

2085 NW 87th Ave, Suite A

Miami, FL 33172

To make copies of the photographs purchased onboard, a release form is required. The photo release may be printed from Image Photo Services' website.

How do I call home from the ship?

You can make ship-to-shore calls from your stateroom, 24 hours a day. The cost is $7.95 USD per minute and will be automatically charged to your SeaPassSM account.

How do I pay for onboard purchases?

For your convenience, our ships use the SeaPassSM signing system. This system allows your to charge all onboard purchases by presenting the Cruise Card that is issued to you upon boarding. On the last morning of your cruise vacation, an itemized statement will be delivered to your stateroom for verification. For your convenience, your SeaPassSM charges will be billed automatically to the credit card you selected upon check-in.

Twister23:

Stateroom attendant: $3.50 USD a day per guest

Dining Room Waiter: $3.50 USD a day per guest

Assistant Waiter: $2.00 USD a day per guest

Headwaiter: $.75 USD a day per guest

Gratuities for other service personnel are at your discretion. A 15% gratuity will automatically be added to your bar bill or wine check when you are served.

Here are the guidelines published by RCL:

Stateroom attendant: $3.50 USD a day per guest

Dining Room Waiter: $3.50 USD a day per guest

Assistant Waiter: $2.00 USD a day per guest

Headwaiter: $.75 USD a day per guest

Gratuities for other service personnel are at your discretion. A 15% gratuity will automatically be added to your bar bill or wine check when you are served.

Envelopes for gratuities will be provided in your stateroom on the last night of the cruise. Gratuities may be paid in the following ways:

con_bulletgray_ico.gifPre paid by having them added to your reservation by your booking agent.

con_bulletgray_ico.gifAdded to your onboard SeaPass account.

con_bulletgray_ico.gifPaid in cash at the end of the cruise

You'll find everyone has an opinion on tipping. But here's MHO on what those numbers mean. I consider them to be a 'guideline' for adequate or normal service. If service is excellent, I adjust up from there.

Also, eventhough 15% is added to bar bills, I always have some singles on me to hand on occasion.

The soda card has 15% added to it at the time you purchase the card. But the person you bought it from may not be the one who serves you. I try to use the same server repeatedly, and give them several small tips throughout the cruise.

Also, if you get spa or salon services, those people will expect a tip. There is a place to add on a gratuity on the slip where you sign for the services.

And then, there's the piano player in the piano bar... We have a favorite guy, and if he's on that particualar sailing, he gets taken care of, too. He breaks into his rendition of my favorite song when he sees me walk in the door.

Hope this helps

Archived