Airplane clothes

Jade's Fire

We leave in two days—hurrah!—and I still haven't decided what to wear on the flight to Honolulu. :confused: The only things I've decided upon for sure are my walking sandals and a pink hoodie cardigan.

Other than that, my current top five contenders are:

1) "hippie" jeans —my comfy pair

2) khaki capris

3) knee-length jean skirt

4) calf-length white "flowy" skirt

5) long Indian wrap-around skirt

As for tops, it's between a sleeveless T, a sleeveless blouse and short-sleeve T.

I like to be comfortable (of course) but also look put-together.

Any opinions would be appreciated.

We leave in two days—hurrah!—and I still haven't decided what to wear on the flight to Honolulu. :confused: The only things I've decided upon for sure are my walking sandals and a pink hoodie cardigan.

Other than that' date=' my current top five contenders are:

1) "hippie" jeans —my comfy pair

2) khaki capris

3) knee-length jean skirt

4) calf-length white "flowy" skirt

5) long Indian wrap-around skirt

As for tops, it's between a sleeveless T, a sleeveless blouse and short-sleeve T.

I like to be comfortable (of course) but also look put-together.

Any opinions would be appreciated.[/quote']

Is it a direct fly or stop-over? What time of day to you arrive in Hawaii?

Based on a stop-over with late arrival; I would go with the jeans or capris, sleeveless tee or blouse to go with your pink hoody. The plane can be very cool once it reaches full altitude so I would have/bring socks as well.

This way your nice skirts stay clean and fresh for the cruise.

My 2Cents...

Kathy

We stop over in San Francisco for about 2 hours and arrive in Hawaii just before 8 p.m.

I won't be bringing along any of the clothes that I decide not to go with—I've at least already packed for the cruise!:D

Even my most comfy jeans are not so comfy after a couple of hours on a plane. I need to wear something with a bit of stretch to it. I usually wear a pair of knit or microfiber slacks or cropped pants. I have worn a calf length skirt before and it works great for bathroom visits.

I'd not wear a sleeveless top, but one with short sleeves. The planes can be very cool, but sometimes a sweater or hoody is too much, a short sleeved T is perfect.

I'd not choose the jean skirt, either. Perhaps I have sensitive skin, but I get so irritated by the fabric on the airplane seats, as well as the fact I cringe at the thought of what might be lurking in the fabric. For that same reason, there's no way I could ever wear a pair of shorts onto an airplane.

Comfortable shoes that you can easily slide off, to do foot and ankle exercises.

It's hard enough having to sit for so long and under such confined conditions, I have to be comfortable to be able to tolerate it :rolleyes:

I usually fly in cotton slacks or jeans, a short-sleeved top with a zipper hoodie, sandals or sneaks depending upon season.

I need comfort-----especially on long flights. We did the Hawaiian cruise last winter, flying from Boston to Honolulu.

Enjoy your cruise------we loved Hawaii.

Archived