Carnival Unveils Design Details for Resort-Style Pool Areas on Fantasy Class ships

Flip2cruise

Thanks for posting this...I was hearing that Carnival was going to have this..and for some reason I always pictured it would be like RCCL's Freedom...but I think I and my daughter will have a better time with Carnivals waterpark...it looks amazing

Denise

We just booked a Nov 15 cruise on the imagination and our PVP send an email with an attached brochure on this ship. It will be in dry dock from Oct 13 thru Nov 14 and will have all the updates listed. Don't know about the others in this class.

So we will be on the first sailing after the update. Hope they have it all finished before we sail.

We just booked a Nov 15 cruise on the imagination and our PVP send an email with an attached brochure on this ship. It will be in dry dock from Oct 13 thru Nov 14 and will have all the updates listed. Don't know about the others in this class.

So we will be on the first sailing after the update. Hope they have it all finished before we sail.

Go with an open attitude, there will be major changes, so Im sure, especially with the first 2 ships that go through dry dock, that all things might not be up and running smoothly for that sailing.

It seems that the major problems I have read are usually with plumbing issues and a prime area of construction will be with the pools.

Go with an open attitude, there will be major changes, so Im sure, especially with the first 2 ships that go through dry dock, that all things might not be up and running smoothly for that sailing.

It seems that the major problems I have read are usually with plumbing issues and a prime area of construction will be with the pools.

This will be out 18th cruise since we retired in 1996 and we always go with an open attitude. There may be small glitches but we don't plan on letting them spoil our cruise.

I have found that most cruises are what you make of them. We plan on having a great time.

Your honor, if it pleases the court, I'd like to point out the obvious proof that either Cruise Critic is made up of a bunch of exagerating fibbers, or perhaps Carnival Cruise Lines is not quite telling the whole truth either. I'm hoping that others online picked up on the obvious vision that something just isn't quite right.

~

~

According to these pictures, right in the middle of the day, while the ship is at sea. . . There are no chair hogs!! Plenty of availability everywhere.:D I doubt I'll ever be able to believe anything on these boards again. :)

[quote name='GoinCruisin']Yup! Ever since they started talking about this, I've been dying to see pictures... and love seeing these, but still waiting for more info on the Serenity areas :D But all in all, I cannot wait!!![/QUOTE]

Am I blind or was the Serenity area the only one with NO PICTURES!!!

aaauuugghhhhh :eek:

I don't know the dry dock schedule for all the ships but all you really have to do is search for blanks in booking dates.

Inspiration goes it next month so we'll be missing those by a month.

BUT..the Fantasy goes in for the first 3 weeks of Sept '08 and we're booked for Sept 20, 2008...so we'll be among the first to see the new area on THAT ship.

Familyof4cruising: The refurbishments are being done in stages. That way the ship doesn't sit empty for long periods of time and Carnival doesn't have to look for a new crew many months later.

for the awesome news! I really like this class of ship as well and will be excited to sail on them in the future. The Serenity area sounds great and I do hope it is like the adult solariums on RCCL, which was my favorite spot on my Voyager cruise.

I agree with the above poster that said it would be nice to vary the itineraries of these ships some since they are getting the cool enhancements. It would also be fabulous if they would add some balcony cabins like they did on Celebrity's Century. Guess we will have to wait and see:) .

Jodie

[quote name='momofmn00'][B][SIZE=4]This really makes me want to cruise on a fantasy class ship instead of a conquest class ship!:cool: [/SIZE][/B]
[B][SIZE=4]MAN LOOKS AWESOME! I wish they would do that to the Conquest!:confused: [/SIZE][/B][/quote]

I agree!! I will be taking my grandson, who is now 3, on the Ecstasy in the summer of 2009, so maybe they will have her done by then! What great additions! Looks like a lot of fun stuff!! Now like you said, if they will do some stuff to Conquest...:D

[quote name='critterfriend']I agree the waterpark looks like a blast! I too wish they would go to different ports though. That is one reason we chose the Freedom in Jan 08 because we were tired of Grand Caymans and Mexico.[/quote]

AMEN!! There was another thread about this and most of us were in agreement that we wish the Conquest could go somewhere else, even if it is just a few sailings a year or something. Cozumel is so safe, but there is only SO much shopping you can do there!;)

Archived