Princess Air on Manaus cruise

shaq

We are on the January 7th Royal Princess from Fort Lauderdale to Manaus.

We are trying to find out if we can just use Princess air from Manaus to Florida and book our own to and from Florida. Also I have found doing the open jaw flights quiet expensive. Would appreciate any help we can get.

Ron

We are on the January 7th Royal Princess from Fort Lauderdale to Manaus.

We are trying to find out if we can just use Princess air from Manaus to Florida and book our own to and from Florida. Also I have found doing the open jaw flights quiet expensive. Would appreciate any help we can get.

Ron

You should be able to book the one way air from Manaus to Florida. You will have to call your TA.

What price did the cruise line give you??? Bookable on your own on a one way basis on COPA through Panama City for $592.00. Earliest flight leaves Manaus at 5:00PM, arrives MIA about 11:00PM. Would most likely mean an overnight in Miami. Or you could take the same 5:00PM flight, overnight in Panama City and arrive MIA anytime from noon until 4PM the next day. Lots of flights out of Panama City to MIA.

Coordinate you own RT flights with the one way from Brazil.

UNLESS you book air deviation, the biggest drawback I see with booking your own RT flights to Florida-you won't know what flights you will get from Manaus until 30-60 days pre cruise. The cheapie tickets will most likely be gone to Florida.

Post your EXACT dates, your airports, what price the cruise line is giving you, and any other particulars and I will try to find something for you. I do global logistics planning for a living, so it is pretty easy for me. My help is freely offered.

The cruise line is charging us $1895. for air. This includes air from Newark to Fort Lauderdale, Princess's charter flight from Manaus to Miami, Fort lauderdale to Newark. There is an overnight stay required in Florida.

The dates of travel are 1?6?08 returning from Manaus 1/21/08 and leaving from Fort Lauderdale on 1/22/08.

We have an airfare on Jet Blue of $423.00 for the 2 of us. The flight home from Florida is on 1/22/08.

If you need any other information just ask.

Thanks for all the help you are tryong to give me.

You have a couple of choices

COPA CM140 leaving Manaus at 5:00PM, arrive Panama City about 7:30PM, leave Panama City about 8:30, arrive JFK at 1:35AM-total price $1419.16 for two. Bookable at the COPA website NOW. http://www.copaair.com/Homepage.aspx

Then whatever one way flight you want to get to the cruise from NY/NJ. NO overnight anyplace, although you will have to find transport from JFK. Cheapest fare on JetBlue-Newark/FLL is the 6:00AM flight, price for 2 adults-$198.00.

Prices quoted include all taxes and fees and were verified with the specific airlines website.

Second choice (actually second or third)

Same flight out of Manaus on COPA, leave Panama City about 8:30PM on flight #CM490, arrive Miami at 11:16PM. Spend the night in Miami and return the following day to Newark. Your choice of airlines to/from Newark. Total price-$1193.16, bookable NOW on the COPA website.

Third choice-Same flight out of Manaus to Panama City. Overnight in Panama City. Leave Panama City at 9:57AM on flight#CM210, arrive Miami at 12:52PM on January 22.

My opinion-take the flight out of Manaus into JFK unless you want to spend the night in Miami. The only other expense you would incur is transport from JFK and transport from the port to the airport in Manaus. $1617.16 total price FOR TWO, using the early morning Jet Blue flight. The later flights on JetBlue are $20.00pp more.

Hope this helps.

• 3 months later...

Archived