Princess air question?

shaq

We are on the January 7th Royal Princess from Fort Lauderdale to Manaus.

We are trying to find out if we can just use Princess air from Manaus to Florida and book our own to and from Florida. Also I have found doing the open jaw flights quiet expensive. Would appreciate any help we can get.

Ron

We are on the January 7th Royal Princess from Fort Lauderdale to Manaus.

We are trying to find out if we can just use Princess air from Manaus to Florida and book our own to and from Florida. Also I have found doing the open jaw flights quiet expensive. Would appreciate any help we can get.

Ron

Please see my post in the South America forum.

Also I have found doing the open jaw flights quiet expensive. Would appreciate any help we can get.

One thing to remember about open-jaw fares. The open-jaw portion of the triangle (the one you don't fly) has to be the shortest distance of the three legs. Otherwise, you are paying for two one-way point-to-point fares. Which is why an open-jaw for a TATL crossing doesn't work - it's rare that the unflown segment across the ocean would be the shortest leg. (However, you could do Honolulu to London, sail to Miami, and then fly to Hawaii - this would be a rare instance of the open segment across the Atlantic being less than the other legs. Which offers great options for East coast residents who want to also take a trip to Hawaii through nested tickets and creative thinking. But that's another story altogether.)

Keep those distances in mind whenever you are thinking open jaw. If you need to find out how far it is from airport to airport, there is a great mileage calculator available at Flying Fish.

Archived