What Kind Of Travel Insurance To Buy, if any?

CruiseFever

If you buy travel insurance, what brand do you buy  

369 members have voted

1. 1. If you buy travel insurance, what brand do you buy

• Princess Travel Care
    • Princess Travel Care Gold
    • Travel Guard
    • Access America
    • HTH Worldwide
    • Travel Insured
    • Travel Safe
    • Do not buy
    • It is provided by my credit card company
    • Other

lyndabaker,

Good that everthing cruise related was handled to your satisfaction quickly, you don't need added stress when times are rough. Hopefully better times are in your future. Good Luck and Aloha!

Im not sure if DH & I have pre-existing conditions. We have a future cruise booking - $200 on a $9500 Cruisetour to Australia/New Zealand in April 2006. We owe nothing more until January. DH takes blood pressure meds - I take bone medicine. I will definitely buy insurance after we make our big payment. Let's say during the trip, I fall and break a leg (I do not have osteoporosis - only osteaopena) will the insurance I buy in January cover it??

I hate to shell out money now - when I have on $200 risk - also we are flying on miles - so no problem with air.

I hope some wise pundit can reply to this.

There was different thread yesterday going about this. I had purchased the Princess basic insurance for the first time. I typically don't take it, but thought with our trip being in the middle of hurricane season, it might be worth taking. Someone gave me the tip about Travelex.com Travel Lite insurance policy specifically. I ended up cancelling the one with Princess as they only give you a credit towards your next cruise, not compensation, as I understand it. Anyway, I purchased the Travel Lite policy online and it was exactly 1/2 of the price of the Princess insurance. In addition, the policy has coverage for our flight as well that we made on our own where the Princess insurance does not. Worth checking out.

Archived