Navigator cabin choice

I've been reading several posts about what cabins are good and bad on the Navigator and was wondering how I can get a specific cabin choice? Our last cruise on the Mariner we just picked a class and got bumped up two classes but never got a chance to pick the cabin number. Is there a preferred method?

The best thing to do is study the deck plans and speak to a knowledgeable travel agent. Many times the internet booking engines just give a suite (or show you limited suites) when some really good ones may also be available.

You can also have your booking noted not to allow for automatic upgrades. That way you will be given the option to accept or decline the move.

In reality, unless the move is significant, the suites are pretty much the same, so a 2 category upgrade may effectively give you nothing anyway.

I guess I was more concerned about getting a cabin that was not prone to noise and vibration as is mentioned frequently on this board. I'm also curious about cabin 601 which has a balcony and a bit more square footage.

Can that be booked for two, or is it prioritized for 3? How does one get this cabin since other Class D cabins are in completely different parts of the ship?

601 is my favorite cabin, even though there are a few downsides.

It would be great for three, but you can book it for one to 3 passengers without preference, but you usually have to be an early bird..it books quickly. I've booked it as a single and I was lucky enough to snag it for the Monte Carlo-FLL crossing this fall, with hubby to Madeira, then a single the rest of the way.

The upside is that it is larger than the typical suite. There is a truly separate sitting area (although it shares the television with the sleeping area, so if one person is in the sleeping area and the other in the sitting area, only one can see the tv) and an oversize balcony. If there is no lounger on the balcony, you can ask for one. I preferred it to the pricier suites. The downside is that it gets some weird motion at times, both up and down and side to side at the same time. It doesn't bother me, but if you're sensitive to movement and you hit a storm, be forewarned. Second, loud clanging noises will bring you out of a dead sleep when approaching port. If you're an early bird you'll be okay.

JoAnne B

Houston

Archived