FOS W.Caribbean Shore Excursions

We will be newbie cruisers from the UK cruising on Freedon of the Seas - Dec 23 2007.

Now that the excursions have become available I am at a loss what to book :confused:

The only thing I have booked is the Everglades tour on the day of disembarktion in Miami as our plane home isn't until 5pm and I thought this would be a good way of killing time. Anybody do this - any good - when did you get back to the airport?

Just looking for some recommendations really for the following ports - will I have to take the weather into consideration as it will be mid December:

Labadee, Haiti - partner wants to do the zip line - is it any good?

Ocho Rios, Jamaica - rafting on martha Rae - any good or are other tours better?

George Town, Grand Cayman - I have heard stingray city is good but there are quite a few options offered bt RCI - any better than others or should I be looking at something else?

Cozumel, Mexico - no idea (but we have stayed in Playa del carmen before so have alkready done dolphin swim and Xcaret)

We are both mid 30's, quite active. Any advice gratefully received as we just want to make the most of this cruise. :D

We will be newbie cruisers from the UK cruising on Freedon of the Seas - Dec 23 2007.

Now that the excursions have become available I am at a loss what to book :confused:

The only thing I have booked is the Everglades tour on the day of disembarktion in Miami as our plane home isn't until 5pm and I thought this would be a good way of killing time. Anybody do this - any good - when did you get back to the airport?

Just looking for some recommendations really for the following ports - will I have to take the weather into consideration as it will be mid December:

Labadee, Haiti - partner wants to do the zip line - is it any good?

Ocho Rios, Jamaica - rafting on martha Rae - any good or are other tours better?

George Town, Grand Cayman - I have heard stingray city is good but there are quite a few options offered bt RCI - any better than others or should I be looking at something else?

Cozumel, Mexico - no idea (but we have stayed in Playa del carmen before so have alkready done dolphin swim and Xcaret)

We are both mid 30's, quite active. Any advice gratefully received as we just want to make the most of this cruise. :D

We did the rafting in Ocho Rios and thought it was just wonderful very relaxing. We've also done Dunn's River Falls and thought it was great too.

Our kids did Sting-ray City in Grand Cayman and are still talking about it a year later.

My Daughter and I did the cooking demo in Cozumel and had a blast. Very hands on lots of alcohol if you like to imbibe.

And, in Labadee nothing beats just renting a raft to float the afternoon away on the water or grab a lounge and relax under a shade tree.

Hope this helps, you'll love Freedom she's a beautiful ship!

d

Looked into this again last night and have definately decided to take the Stingray option on Grand Cayman, but now the problem is, which one? RCI seem to offer a few and I have no idea which to choose. Are the ones with lunch a good idea or should we do our own thing? What is the difference between Stingray City Sandbar Swim and Stingray City Swim? Noit really bothered about a combined beach break so have omitted that option.

These are the options coming up:

1. Stingray City Swim & Snorkel

Approximate Duration: 3 hour(s)

22.95 GBP (Adult)

2. Stingray City Sandbar Swim & Snorkel

Approximate Duration: 2 hour(s) 30 minute(s)

*22.95 GBP (Adult)

3. Stingray City Sandbar & Grand Harbor Lunch

Approximate Duration: 4 hour(s)

*32.64 GBP (Adult)

4. Stingray City Barrier Reef 2 Stop Snorkel

Approximate Duration: 3 hour(s) 30 minute(s)

*34.68 GBP (Adult)

Archived