Get off the ship!

Ok, since you guys on the CC board know everything (and I mean that in a good way) I know someone will be able to help me with my problem. I am trying to arrange for a bus to pick our group up from the pier in Sydney. My problem is, I don’t know what time to tell them to meet us and I can’t exactly call them from the ship to notify them just before either. The itinerary says the ship (Sapphire Princess) arrives at 6 am. I don’t want to be waiting for hours for a short bus ride but I also don’t want the bus to be waiting for a long time either. Since we are not taking a flight I’m guessing we will be among the last passengers to be called.

What I’m looking for is past experience of when most people got off so I can get a better idea of when to tell the bus line. I guess I need to know how long it takes to get our luggage and out the door too.

Ok, since you guys on the CC board know everything (and I mean that in a good way) I know someone will be able to help me with my problem. I am trying to arrange for a bus to pick our group up from the pier in Sydney. My problem is, I don’t know what time to tell them to meet us and I can’t exactly call them from the ship to notify them just before either. The itinerary says the ship (Sapphire Princess) arrives at 6 am. I don’t want to be waiting for hours for a short bus ride but I also don’t want the bus to be waiting for a long time either. Since we are not taking a flight I’m guessing we will be among the last passengers to be called.

What I’m looking for is past experience of when most people got off so I can get a better idea of when to tell the bus line. I guess I need to know how long it takes to get our luggage and out the door too.

On Celebrity this Feb. people were walking off the ship in FLL with their cases, presumably Princess would also allow this; after all it reduces the amount of bags they have to process.

dont know if this helps but we got off in april. as we live in sydney we were probably last off. we had organised a private airport shuttle to take us home.(we did not go to airport but as there were 5 of us we would not have made it in a taxi.)

we were back at home before 10 am. The line up for taxis was huge so a private vehicle is the way to go.

they cannot get near the ship until you are off, we just rang him to let him know.

When I was on the Diamond getting off in Auckland our CC group was asked if we needed early disembarkation. Since we had a tour arranged and wanted to get off as early as possible we told them and we were one of the first ones off the ship. The person who arranged the meet and greet was the contact person who told them when we wanted to get off. It was quite nice because there were so few of us, finding our luggage was really easy.

This might work for you.

I clicked on it and all it did was to take me to the site where it came from. How can I make one for me?

Thanks,

Nancy

Nancy, hope these instructions will help.

Open Boqbum at this page http://www.poqbum.com/gens/countdown/index.php

Put in your cruise details, and click on the "generate your code" button. This copies the code to the clipboard on your computer.

Come back to Cruise Critic and click the "User CP" link near the top left corner, then edit signature. When this is opened, right click your mouse and paste. Then click the save signature button and hopefully all is OK.

Cheers

Geoff

Terrier John,

Great idea but don’t think it will work for us. We have a toddler with one family, which means extra luggage, including a stroller and too much for one family to carry. We’ve also got 3 people over 75 which translates to not really being able to carry their own luggage over thresholds, so someone else will need to help them, and those people will have their own luggage to deal with.

I like Bakergal’s idea of contacting the ship personnel and seeing about getting off early and the suggestion by Kaseyoz is good too. The problem is, I won’t know before I’m on the ship if they will let me off at a designated time to pass on to the bus personnel. The other issue of calling them when we’re ready to get off is how I need to go, the problem is I won’t have a local cell phone so will either need to find a local on board who will call for me or a phone on shore. Oh wait!, maybe I can do that, and then email them with ou time. Hmmm, that might work.

I was wonder how long it will take us to pick up our luggage at the pier. Some you’re out of there in 10 minutes, some take 30 minutes.

And that's why I picked it! Back when they allowed visitors, we had a Captain that used to come on the PA system and say, "the Regal Princess is getting ready to sail, if you aren't supposed to be on it - THEN GET OFF THE SHIP"... it was halarious....Still makes me laugh and that was probably 20 years ago (we were on during the inaugurqal season (3rd cruise).

Archived