PLAYA SOL BEACH in Cozumel

Island Annie

I haven't been to Coz for a few years, and want to see something new. Is Playa Sol beach the beach that also has a pool? I seem to recall reading a thread a while ago that said it does, but haven't seen anyone mention this beach lately. Has anyone been here recently? What can you tell me? Would you recommend this beach, or any others? I'm wanting to relax at a nice beach a a few hours before going to Coconuts for lunch & margs:-)

Thanks for any opinions, or advice.

Annie

I think there is a pool there but I don't remember it being a nice pool. We have been to this beach twice it is nice and if you have kids they will have a great time. We have also found this to be a party beach. When we were there in December we saw 3 teenagers who no way could have been of age in the states, but they were determained to get their moneys worth of drinks. One of the girls passed out and her friends just let her lay there while they continued to party. When it was time to go they picked her up and carried her out.

yes..they have a pool there!!Its ok..but not all that great!!they changed the beaches name..its Playa Maya now..When we went on our July 18-25 cruise on the Carnival Elation we went there!and had a ball!

Ive been to that beach twice!

Ounce on the Jubilee and ounce on the Elation!

anymore questions just ask!!

Playa Sol is still there and yes it has a pool. You also have to pay to get in. We usually rent a jeep while in cozumel and like to do other things. We usually go to San Fransico beach. It is a scaled down versions of playa sol. Last time we were there we got a beach chair, and a floating mat to use in the water for $5.00. San Francisco also has a pool.

It's very nice there....no snorkeling however. And maybe nicer for a little older kids instead of the very young ones. The restaurant there is great...don't get the buffet...order off the menu. We had a great time there...twice!

We went there last year on the Celebration and had a great time with our 13 year old daughter. When we first got there we saw a lady who was topless and our duaghter was pretty feaked out by this. There were not very many peole there at the time due to it being only open for a few minutes and we notice that she put her top on when more peole showed up. The beach is beutiful and the pool looked nice though we never got in it. We like the salt water.

My friends and I went to Playa Sol in May '03 and had a great time. They do have a pool... not too big but it was nice being in fresh water. They also have water trampolines, that ice climbing hill, jet skis, kyacks (spelling?), and inner tubes to float around in. We got tickets through the boat so we didnt pay at the entrance to get in. We spent practically the whole day there doing the various water sports, drinking some margaritas, and doing some shopping (they have little hut like things between the entrance and the beach to buy little nick knacks and things). My friend got her hair braided, I got a Hena tatoo, and we did this ride where u are attached to bungee cords and jump on a trampoline and do all sorts of flips (not recommended after a few magaritas lol). I loved it. We did have to take a cab back to the pier (about 5-10 min drive). We all had a great time and would probably go back there again if we are ever on Cozumel again. (Dont mind the misspellings on this post... its late, just got back from seeing "Open Water" and im kinda tired. lol) Enjoy Cozumel..... One of my favorite islands.

Gotta agree with Katie! We did Playa Maya/Sol as an excursion, so all our drinks (including DD's soda) were included. We spent the entire day and had a wonderful time. Can't comment on the menu, we only ordered a few rounds of nachos at the pool, which does have a swim-up bar BTW, but they were good.

The only time we noticed anyone a bit on the inebriated side was when the Fiesta Party Boat docked. It was fun watching the booze-cruisers slosh around as they tried to get into the water with their fins on, especially if you know what it's like when you're sober. Don't get me wrong, we would have been on the FPB if DD4 wasn't with us. Luckily we weren't, because they were only there an hour.

It was definitely the highlight of our Cozumel port on this last cruise.

Archived